Thread: Solix 15

Solix 15

I am considering getting a solix 15 and making a bracket to mount in the dash of my 2009 721 and I was wondering if the folks that have this same setup or similar has a problem with seeing over the top of it while driving and does it cover up the 2 big gauges. The gauges I'm not too worried about other than the fuel gauge and trim gauge since that is all I really use them for. Also if someone could post a few pictures of their dash with a solix 15 that would great. Thanks

If you are going to do this I would get the lower gauge dash shroud. Not only are the gauges moved into a position where they are still viewable but that shroud is also beefed up with aluminum supports for a heavier graph. When using this mount the top of the Solix 15 will be level with the top of your windshield.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    If you are going to do this I would get the lower gauge dash shroud. Not only are the gauges moved into a position where they are still viewable but that shroud is also beefed up with aluminum supports for a heavier graph. When using this mount the top of the Solix 15 will be level with the top of your windshield.
    I 100% agree with this. I have a 2012 721 and put a duel dash shroud on it with a Solix 12 on it. The top of my screen is about an inch and a half below the windshield and I can see over it easily. And I am not very tall, only about 5'5".
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

4. Member
    My recommendation also is to get the dual dash shroud if you are going with the 15". The 15 sits about 1/2 inch to 1 inch over the windshield. It's actually un-noticable and looks flush.

58160445087__4B332AA3-769A-457A-B3F7-6853A89DB8E2.jpgIMG_9518.jpg

5. Member
    Big Jim, I like the looks of the dual dash mount. Do you happen to know the cost of the dual dash mount with gauges and will the plug for my current 5 inch gauges plug into the smaller ones?

6. Member
    I know when I ordered my 19 PHX, the dual dash shroud was a $200 upgrade. I suggest you go to your Phoenix dealer and get a price and arrange for install or at least order the shroud if you are going to do it yourself. If you don't want to use a dealer, call Tim at Phoenix and order through him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaPhoenix View Post
    Big Jim, I like the looks of the dual dash mount. Do you happen to know the cost of the dual dash mount with gauges and will the plug for my current 5 inch gauges plug into the smaller ones?

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    It should run around $500 because you will need new gauges too.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    It should run around $500 because you will need new gauges too.
    That's kinda what I was thinking because I priced one a year or 2 ago with Tim and I think he quoted me $600 and if that's the case I may just hold out out for a solix 12 instead of the 15 as much as I'd like to have the 15 there's just too many con's between having to worry about beefing up the dash and covering up my gauges. I think if I go with the 12 I will not have those issues to have to worry about.

9. Precision Sonar
    I am considering getting a solix 15 and making a bracket to mount in the dash of my 2009 721 and I was wondering if the folks that have this same setup or similar has a problem with seeing over the top of it while driving and does it cover up the 2 big gauges. The gauges I'm not too worried about other than the fuel gauge and trim gauge since that is all I really use them for. Also if someone could post a few pictures of their dash with a solix 15 that would great. Thanks
    Look this over ... https://precisionsonar.com/product-p...acket-phoenix/

Big Heavy unit 12" and above would work best with a Precision Sonar Mount.

PHX Lower Gauge console.jpg

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133