Trying to help a buddy

Hey everyone I have a buddy that just bought an 819 with a 200 2 stroke Pro XS and is running the factory set up with a fury 24. He is having handling issues and doesn't know his PTP numbers. I was wondering if some of you guys could help I told him my 920 was most likely different Thanks in advance guys

Seat time will help the most. The 819/919 require the most driver input. That being said PTP 3.25" fill port live well and burn some fuel. I had driven a lot of different boats but my 919 was definitely a learning curve.
    2019 919 ProXP
    225 Mercury ProXS

3. Member
    3.25 p2p was the sweet spot on my 819 also. I get to 67-68 before it starts walking now and I max out at 71 mph now.
    The factory was 3.5 it started walking bad around 60. I also tried 3 and that didn’t help either. Everyone told me
    i was trimming it up to much which was bs because I would hold the hot foot to the floor and without giving it more trim
    i would max out at 63 mph so if I wanted to go faster I had to trim it up more. I would start it a 3.25 and go from there.

4. Member
    I echo the posts above. Exact same results from my 819. 3.25" PTP and learn to drive it. It will take more trim than I was lead to believe.

Once I could drive it, I couldn't get near the speeds some were posting so I started adding more trim. Some people's idea of "not much trim" was different than mine.

EG

5. Member
    My '18 2S 819 is at 3" PTP (set from factory) and I top out at 71.0 GPS in early spring. 24P Fury at 5850 RPM (Needle Gauge reading FWIW).

A little learning curve but I also found it took less trim than other (Champion, Nitro) boats I was used to driving. Drives and handles great for me.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadduck79 View Post
    Seat time will help the most. The 819/919 require the most driver input. That being said PTP 3.25" fill port live well and burn some fuel. I had driven a lot of different boats but my 919 was definitely a learning curve.
    What prop do u have, do u have a hydraulic jp? Do u have any poles or Talons, what speeds are u getting, looking at a 919 w/225, any pics of your boat

7. Member
    Do you think have a 3.75" ptp and changing it to 3.25" ptp would make that much of a difference?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    Do you think have a 3.75" ptp and changing it to 3.25" ptp would make that much of a difference?
    Yes. Would help if the boat is walking bad. FYI - Would also increase RPMs..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Yes. Would help if the boat is walking bad. FYI - Would also increase RPMs..
    So lowering the motor will increase the rpms? Im running 67 mph now and if i bump down the trim a hair it doesnt walk as bad.

10. Member
    I just remeasured it with my laser and its actually 3.5"