Thread: fluorocarbon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fluorocarbon

is fluorocarbon really worth the exta money,,and what is the best
    TrackerUser

2. Member
    Won't fish without it. Fish mainly crystal clear strip mines. Seaguar Invsx for me.
    Please release me,let me go.

3. Member
    Tossed all I had into the trash......

4. Member
    Have Seaguar InivsX on most of my baitcasters. It is great line.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Banned
    For any baits that I need to “feel” with, I could never go back to mono and co poly. I hate braided line, so floro fits the bill fine for me. Seaguar invisx or Sunline Sniper are both quality lines.

I really like it for baits like a swim jig, swim bait, or lipless crankbait. I like 15# Vicious but others on here hate it. I can't find any fluorocarbon that withstand my hookset on a flipping bait.

7. Member
    I use P Line flueroclear works best for me.

Tried several brands, hated the way they performed, trashed them all. Now, I only use fluoro leader material on a C-Rig (because the leader material is as tough as nails) or very occasionally as a leader on braid on a spinning outfit. I have zero issues feeling a bite using Izorline Platinum copolymer. And, on only one occasion over the years have I ever seen the low visibility qualities of fluoro make a difference in the number of bites I get, versus partners, and that was one time on Erie. To me, the hype surrounding fluoro is just that...hype to sell a more expensive product. In my experience, spending the additional money above and beyond copolymer line simply creates more problems without any additional benefits.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Banned
    A good mono or coply works just as good.

10. Member
    As someone said,it can help you with feeling the bait. Also a little less stretch so setting a hook is easier when making long casts. I have it on about half my rigs. I have tried several brands but stick with Seagaur. I am sure many are just as good.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post

I made trip wire around the boathouse...twice. I forgot to tell the weedeater guy

Seaguar Tatsu leader on every setup I own. All my lakes are gin clear with lots of pressure.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

I use all three, mono, flouro and braid. They all have their purpose.

14. Member
    It is more sensitive and abrasion resistance seems better. It is worth the money to me. I am using Sunline Sniper at the moment and like it. Seagaur Abrazx and Red Label was good to me also. I have made serious moves to try and go back to a copoly instead and just can't get there. I will say this, if you haven't gone to flouro yet maybe don't. Can't miss what you don't know. Can't stand braid for anything but punching, frogging and spinning, wind knots and such just drive me crazy.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    To elaborate on this statement, a couple years ago I made a conscious effort to start using Fluro not only on some of my baitcasters but as leaders for spinning gear as well. Up until this point I had used "and am still using" P-Line CX copoly with no real issues. I tried various brands of fluro, tried various knots..........in short it just wasn't and isn't for me. Copoly seems to do what I ask of it, my knots work well, sensitivity is good, and it works well with my hook sets............I guess in short if you haven't tried Fluro you will need to, then decide if its for you!

16. Member
    I use the Pline Tactical on all my bottom baits and yes I think its worth it.
    Fluorocarbon on TW and moving baits is worthless. JMHO.

17. Member
    Worth every penny. Only mono I have spooled up is for topwater. Im a sunline guy nowadays but the trilene 100 percent is really good just kinda bad memory. You can normally pick it up cheap though which is why I started using it first.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

I have sunline sniper on all of my rods with the exception of top water and heavy flipping setup

It has proven itself in my own fishing experience with it to be far and above mono for most techniques. It has been so much better for me personally that I would hate to fish without it. I use a mid priced fluoro as well. Love it.

20. Member
    fluorocarbon on everything i fish here on ky lake, especially ledges. seaguar invix mostly on sale on AMAZON

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast