4 blade for Skeeter with SHO

Any recommendations for a 4 blade for ZX200 with 200 SHO (or other Skeeter/SHO rigs)? And how do you compare it to the standard 3 blade "SHO" prop? I'm looking for better rough water handling to stay on top easier. Thankyou

2. Member
    I have never ran a Yamaha Sho prop on my set up . I do run two different props . I run a 27 tempest or 27 trophy . With the trophy with an exhaust ring and all the holes plugged solid you cant stomp on it to the floor on hole shot . Hole shot insist slow you just can’t floor it . Mid range lift is great and bigger water . Top end is there also . Basscat puma by myself 80-82 ,loaded 77-79 . I run it about 2.5” below pad . I did try a bravo 1xs on it I wasn’t real impressed .

3. Member
    thanks for the info

4. Member
    A fury 4 or bravo would better on your skeeter. I've ran both of my Phoenix. Fury 4 has a ton of bow lift(too much for my boat) and a good holeshot/midrange, slower on the top end than the T2.
    Bravo has an incredible holeshot and midrange and will run right with my sho prop on top end. Has good lift but not too much like the fury had for my boat.
    I don't think a trophy will run good at all for you like it does for skennedy. SHO's lower units like to run high with a big diameter prop. Trophy's are smaller diameter. Basscats are about the only hulls I've seen get good performance from smaller diameter props like Trophy's and fury 3's

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    A fury 4 or bravo would better on your skeeter. I've ran both of my Phoenix. Fury 4 has a ton of bow lift(too much for my boat) and a good holeshot/midrange, slower on the top end than the T2.
    Bravo has an incredible holeshot and midrange and will run right with my sho prop on top end. Has good lift but not too much like the fury had for my boat.
    I don't think a trophy will run good at all for you like it does for skennedy. SHO's lower units like to run high with a big diameter prop. Trophy's are smaller diameter. Basscats are about the only hulls I've seen get good performance from smaller diameter props like Trophy's and fury 3's
    I agree

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Good info, thanks. I currently run a 24"FXP. At 2" prop-to-pad and 5900rpm it runs 69.5mph and has good hole shot. This is all great, BUT, any speed under 35mph it porpoises a lot even with trim all the way down. Makes it not much fun to drive in rough water and heavy traffic area where I live. I thought about a "CB Foil" on it but it's a new motor and Yamaha said all warranty would be void if I put anything aftermarket on it. That's why I'm thinking 4blade (unless maybe Mark can do something to my FXP to help). I'm also going to play a bit with weight distribution tomorrow and maybe drop the height back down...

Marks Razor4 XL would be a good choice. He will exchange pitchs if you needed too.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    Do you know if that prop is the larger hub (4 3/4") and is it non-vented? I'm guessing I would need a 22" to replace my 3 blade, 24FXP, or the 23"SHO prop that Skeeter usually puts on this boat/motor.

It’s like a Bravo1. You can put solid PVS plugs in the holes. Some venting might show benefits

10. Member
    ok, thanks for your help

11. Banned
    ZX200 with 200SHO RX4 20P start at stock 7 dots manual plate will probably need to go up from there.
    Bravo 1 FS/LT 23.5P all solid PVS plugs go up to 9 dots on jack-plate.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bentzboatwhisperer View Post
    ZX200 with 200SHO RX4 20P start at stock 7 dots manual plate will probably need to go up from there.
    Bravo 1 FS/LT 23.5P all solid PVS plugs go up to 9 dots on jack-plate.
    Hey, thanks BentzBW for the info. This is an old thread, but on Mark Croxton's suggestion I went with his Razor 4, 22 pitch (Mark recommended the 4, not the 4XL for my setup, but I didn't ask why). Anyway, it's a great prop, with great hole shot and midrange acceleration. Its about 2 mph slower than my FXP 3 blade but I don't mind that. I run it at 1 3/4" ptp with lots of water pressure.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO