Skeeter SX166 gauges not working

Hi all. New to Skeeter and new to the board. Lifelong bass fisherman, not good, but not completely bad either. Just bought my first Skeeter, an SX166 with a 90hp Yamaha 2-stroke pre-mix. Great boat, dry ride, no complaints so far. I've got a problem that it looks like may be fairly common on Skeeters - the dash gauges don't work. The fuel gauge works, but that is the only one. The tach, speedo, trim, and flasher appear completely dead. This boat is like new otherwise, could eat off of any surface, including under the motor cowl. Appears to have been used little and kept inside all its life. I tried doing a search, but I'm apparently no good at it. Could you folks maybe point me to some previous posts or other resources that might help me fix this problem? Really need that tach and trim gauge - speedo I couldn't care less about, but would like it working on general principle.
    Thanks for the add, and thanks for the advice.

2. Member
    Check the connections on the back of the gauges and make sure they aren’t corroded. Then check for power and ground with a 12v test light or volt meter.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

3. Member
    Bought a 2002 SX170 with a 90hp Yamaha. The fuel gauge and the trim gauge didn't work. Had to replace both gauges and the trim sending unit and everything works fine. Pretty easy fix. Mine had a dead flasher too. I just removed it and put a blank in the dash since I installed a GPS/ depth finder next to the console.