Thread: F150 eco mode

F150 eco mode

'18 f150 just filled up forthe first time with straight gas, tried to maximize my fuel economy, for the first 100 miles or so using the eco setting averaged about 21.7,driving similar conditions in default normal mode I'm getting 23.2?
    Why wouldn't I get better in eco mode than normal under the same or very similar circumstances...
    Last edited by Umckibben; 07-02-2019 at 06:18 AM.
    Cheese County Bass Club

2. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I think it's because the power is reduced so much it takes more throttle to accomplish the same thing as standard mode. I see about the same mileage in normal, towing, or sport, but reduced mileage in ice/snow and eco.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

3. Member
    Just started playing with this in my 2019. From what I’ve read it changes shift strategy and A/C usage to reduce RPMs, I’ve seen modest difference using eco mode in mpg but it seems to go for higher gears faster.

4. Member
    Regardless of fuel type, my common sense tells me eco setting should produce the highest mpg, if all other aspects are the same? Just figure there's something im not understanding
    Cheese County Bass Club

5. Member
    Eco mode works great if you only go down hill. Another pie in the sky idea that doesn't work in real life.

6. Member
    Is the motor brand new or have some miles on it.

7. Member
    maybe Eco mode would work on flat ground, my wife's Pilot has Eco mode. It drives so crappy would not use unless 10 mpg better which it doesn't.

I got 22.8 recently in eco - going to try it in regular mode next - really don't notice anything between the two

9. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    I got 22.8 recently in eco - going to try it in regular mode next - really don't notice anything between the two
    I just made a 530 mile run to Chicago and back. Had a lot of traffic delays, stop and go on I-94. Going into the delays my dash said 23.3 mpg when I was still 3 hours out. When I pulled in my drive it was sitting at 22.1 mpg. At fill up it hand calculated to 22.0.

This mileage was running anywhere from 65mph - 78mph. First leg of the trip there was a 1,000 lbs. block of steel in the bed. Return trip had no cargo, and obviously a lighter fuel load.

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.