wacky rig senko rod

looking for a good spinning rod for throwing weightless wacky rigged senkos. what are the preferred choices?

Dobyns Champ Extreme DX703S
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    Abu Garcia Villain 2.0 7’ medium. By far my favorite spinning rod that I’ve ever used. Works great for wacky rigs and a ton of other uses

4. Member
    It really depends on how much cover you are fishing in. Also, wacky or t rig.

5. Member
    G Loomis nrx 822 or g Loomis glx 852, I use both, just depends where I’m fishing.

6. Member
    Dobyns Champion 733

Are you throwing 5" Senko exclusively? Are you fishing open water mostly, or skipping docks, fishing heavy grass, timber, etc? Finally, a budget range would also be helpful.

Absolutely need to know how you are fishing to clue this one in. Are you skipping docks and need a spinning rod? Are you looking for power in a casting rig to get the fish away from cover?

ALX Rods ZOLO Mitch - designed specifically for stick baits. Developed and tested on Santee Cooper where the big bass hang around cypress trees. Light rod with plenty of backbone to get a fish away from the tree once they bite.

ALX Rods ZOLO Maestro - probably the best spinning rod I've used for skipping stick baits around a variety of cover. Again, plenty of backbone to get fish away from cover - but has a slightly lighter tip than the Mitch and some people can skip easier with a spinning rod.

9. Member
    Mostly open water and skipping docks. 4” and 5” Senkos. I figured around $150

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Are you throwing 5" Senko exclusively? Are you fishing open water mostly, or skipping docks, fishing heavy grass, timber, etc? Finally, a budget range would also be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kanz View Post
    Mostly open water and skipping docks. 4” and 5” Senkos. I figured around $150
    Thank you, that's helpful.

I generally prefer something shorter and more stout for 5" Senko dock fishing, but there are definitely options to cover both that and the 4" baits in open water. I would give a look to the Daiwa Tatula spinning rods - either the 6'6" Medium or the 6'8" Medium - both will get the job done. They'll be under your budget at with the BBC10 code at check out.

11. Banned
    John Ballard, JB Custome Rods builds a rod specifically for that need. Give him a call https://custombassrods.homesteadcloud.com/ tell him Eddie sent ya

12. Member
    Thank you guys

13. Member
    Alx ikos soul 7

14. Member
    1. Fenwick Elite Tech 7’ med
    2. St Croix Mojo 6’8 med wacky rod
    3. Douglas LRS 6’ 10, 3 power
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp