Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    I have a gen 1 cobalt blue blank of that exact same model! Just waiting on those new alps rapid hoods to become available so I can complete it to my liking.

So you've been fishing with a rod you built on that blank? Or you haven't built on it yet? If you've been fishing a rod built on that blank, is it not crazy good? And if you haven't built on it yet, if it is anything like the Gen 2 (which I'm sure it is, just minus the paint) then you are in for a very pleasant surprise. As I said above, the rod I built on it is insanely good. The sensitivity is incredible. It's a pebble counter. Every bit as sensitive as the NFC HM Xray blanks I have built on.

The only thing I would say that would be the least bit negative about it is, I don't see it being that great for a shaky head. I just think the tip is a little soft for a shaky head. To be fair, I haven't fished a shaky head on it yet, so it could prove me wrong. I know this, it is from another planet as far as a drop shot blank goes. And even though I haven't tried these two techniques with it yet, I know it is going to be insanely good for Ned rigs, Neko rigs, and light wacky rigs.

I have mine paired with a Shimano Ultegra 3000HGFB reel and 8# Tatsu fluorocarbon line. An absolutely wicked combination!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Batson-Brands View Post
    There is no replacing the Eternity. But the new Made in USA rod blank is the Testament, it's a whole new line (it was in development long before we knew Eternity was going away).
    Most things should be available by September.
    They are still available, we still have stock in the warehouse and so do our dealers. So if you like them you can still get them if you want.
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    So you've been fishing with a rod you built on that blank? Or you haven't built on it yet? If you've been fishing a rod built on that blank, is it not crazy good? And if you haven't built on it yet, if it is anything like the Gen 2 (which I'm sure it is, just minus the paint) then you are in for a very pleasant surprise. As I said above, the rod I built on it is insanely good. The sensitivity is incredible. It's a pebble counter. Every bit as sensitive as the NFC HM Xray blanks I have built on.

The only thing I would say that would be the least bit negative about it is, I don't see it being that great for a shaky head. I just think the tip is a little soft for a shaky head. To be fair, I haven't fished a shaky head on it yet, so it could prove me wrong. I know this, it is from another planet as far as a drop shot blank goes. And even though I haven't tried these two techniques with it yet, I know it is going to be insanely good for Ned rigs, Neko rigs, and light wacky rigs.

I have mine paired with a Shimano Ultegra 3000HGFB reel and 8# Tatsu fluorocarbon line. An absolutely wicked combination!
    I haven't built it yet. I have an MVT spinning seat and all the components. Just waiting for the new size 16 hoods to become available, I think they'll be the perfect finishing touch.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    ColorCarbon-Facebook.jpg

ForeCast Color Carbon Grips are Now in Stock!
    A great new addition to our carbon grip lineup. We took our most popular carbon fiber grip shapes and added three accent colors to an all-new carbon/fiberglass design.

These new accent colors allow you to truly customize the color scheme on your next rod build with unmatched quality.

You can see all the shapes here.
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises

5. BBC SPONSOR
    LowRiderGuides-Instagram.jpg

New ALPS LowRider Guides are in Stock!
    For this new set of guides, we took our popular MXN and F-Guide designs and lowered the height to bring line closer to the rod blank. This reduces side-to-side torque that is generated while fighting the fish. The lower ring height also allows better transfer of the blank’s power into the cast.

In stock now at the Batson Warehouse, check with your favorite dealer about ordering.

6. Member
    Will the hoods work with other brand barrels?

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by denraytay View Post
    Will the hoods work with other brand barrels?
    The hoods in the supplemental catalog are specific to the ALPS Rapid Spin Seat, they have a double key so will only work on the ALPS reel seat.

These ALPS high end, texalium, carbon and eva hoods should fit most Fuji seats (or the ones we've tested) - click here to see.

8. Member
    Carbon Grips look amazing! I just started messing with Carbon Grips on recent builds, super light!!! DO you recommend to coat these?

9. Member
    do you have to be a distributor or do you sell to the general public?
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCat'99 View Post
    Here is who I use. Utmost Enterprises. I believe Get Bit Outdoors, a board sponsor carries the Batson brands. There are other distributors across the Country.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Carbon Grips look amazing! I just started messing with Carbon Grips on recent builds, super light!!! DO you recommend to coat these?
    Honestly that just comes down to personal preference. Me personally, I prefer uncoated but it doesn't hurt to coat them either.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCat'99 View Post
    We don't sell direct to the public, must be a business and meet certain requirements for a wholesale account.

DOC mentioned some great dealers. Click Here to find all of our dealers.

13. Member
    Are the Testament blanks available for purchase yet?

14. Member
    ColorCarbon-Facebook.jpg

ForeCast Color Carbon Grips are Now in Stock!
    A great new addition to our carbon grip lineup. We took our most popular carbon fiber grip shapes and added three accent colors to an all-new carbon/fiberglass design.

These new accent colors allow you to truly customize the color scheme on your next rod build with unmatched quality.

You can see all the shapes here.
    Any full grip lengths coming down the pipe?

15. BBC SPONSOR
    We don't sell direct to the public, must be a business and meet certain requirements for a wholesale account.

DOC mentioned some great dealers. Click Here to find all of our dealers.
    No there have been some delays from the manufacturer. Should be in November.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    Any full grip lengths coming down the pipe?
    As of right now, not in the color models only the black. But not totally sure about new releases next year.

17. Member
    As of right now, not in the color models only the black. But not totally sure about new releases next year.
    I really hope so. I like the Forecast full carbon grips better than any other carbon grip on the market. Yes, that includes the popular one.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    I really hope so. I like the Forecast full carbon grips better than any other carbon grip on the market. Yes, that includes the popular one.
    Glad you are liking the carbon grips, the fit and finish on them has been incredible with every shipment from the manufacturer.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    Five Models from our new line of Testament Rod Blanks are in stock at our warehouse!

You all have been waiting for this new Made in the USA rod blank series utilizing our proprietary RX8 carbon fiber pre-preg which features ultra-high modulus Toray carbon. These blanks are extremely light, sensitive and they are tough as nails.

Models are that are currently in stock: TESC72M, TESC76H, TESS62MXF, TESS610MLXF, TESS610MXF

Check with any of our dealers to special order, if they don’t currently have them on their website.

Casting - www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/product-line/testament-bass-casting/
    Spin - www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/product-line/testament-bass-spinning/
    Crankbait - www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/product-line/testament-bass-crankbait/

Testament.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12