Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

New 2020 Batson Enterprises Products are Here!

It's that time of year again when we release our new products for the upcoming tackle year... and here they are!

Our Jaguar Design team works around the clock with our sales team and Team RainShadow members to develop the latest products. It takes a team of engineers and anglers to come up with these products every year and they consistently produce the best.

So enough of that... let's get to the new 2020 Supplemental Catalog!

New RainShadow Rod Blanks:
    Testament Made In USA Bass Blanks - A brand-new line of high-performance bass rod blanks that are made in USA at a more affordable price point. Casting, Spinning and Crankbait Models
    Revelation Square Bill - Two new additions specific to square bill lures: REVC69MMF-SB & REVC73MHMF-SB
    Revelation Crankbait - A new ML Crankbait model: REVCB70ML-SB

Plus if you ever need new Saltwater custom rods we have: Revelation Slow Jig, E-Glass RSU Stand-Up, Eternity2 12wt. Fly Bank

New ALPS / ForeCast Rod Components:
    ALPS MVT - We have three new smaller IDs for the popular casting seat.
    ALPS Rapid Hoods - New foregrip hoods for the size 16 Rapid spin seats.
    Musky Split Grips - Available now in Cork and EVA.
    Winn Grips - We took our five most popular models and "blacked-out" the gray swoosh.
    BattleLon - Larger bore available on five different EPDM grips.
    Carbon Fiber Grips - New Shapes as well as new Color Carbon / Glass grips available.
    ALPS Titanium HXN - You know about these already and they're in stock!
    ALPS MXN Lowriders - We designed a new lowrider set of MXN and F-Guide trains to keep the line closer to the blank.
    ALPS PMK-Mini Guides - Now available with gold, blue and chameleon rings and titanium colored frames.
    ALPS Deep Pressed Tip Top - We incorporated the flanged design which adds a wider glued surface.
    ALPS Swivel Roller Tip Top - In stock and ready for any saltwater trolling rod class.
    XXL & XXXL Dream Reamers - A great addition to our ever popular Dream Reamers. For use on extra heavy saltwater grips.
    ALPS Tip Top Gauges - Aluminum gauge to permanently replace the plastic versions on the market.
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises

2. Member
    Awesome the testament blanks sound nice. Why is it so hard though to find 76 plus length spinning rods?
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    Is the testament line replacing the eternity or do you also have something else in the works? FYI I saw the post over @ rodbuilding. It's nice to have reasonably priced built in the USA blanks available :-)

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Awesome the testament blanks sound nice. Why is it so hard though to find 76 plus length spinning rods?
    Part of the reason there hasn’t been much demand and also anything over 8-feet long gets dinged pretty bad on shipping charges. Though it is on the table for next year.

Our Revelation Telescopic REVCBT92M makes a great Float ‘n’ Fly rod. Our Revelation Inshore Popping blanks would work great as well, like the REVIP80M
    The Best Fishing Rods Start Here: www.BatsonEnterprises.com - www.youtube.com/batsonenterprises - Instagram: @teamrainshadow - Facebook: Batson Enterprises

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    Is the testament line replacing the eternity or do you also have something else in the works? FYI I saw the post over @ rodbuilding. It's nice to have reasonably priced built in the USA blanks available :-)
    No the Testament is not a replacement for the Eternity, it was in development for almost 2 years (before we knew Eternity was going to end). Not saying it's better or worse, that always comes down to personal preference. Basically it was an opportunity to have a Made in USA blank at a competitive price and is still high performance.

There's always something new in the works... all depends how things test and perform.

I'm curious about the Testament TESCB76MH-SS and TESCB710H-SS … Both would have the butt end cut down to 7ft.

What model would be closest in action/power to this? https://rodgeeks.com/collections/fib...-series-sg79hm

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Any full length grips on the horizon for the new colored, carbon grips?

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogsticker View Post
    Any full length grips on the horizon for the new colored, carbon grips?
    Honestly, it just depends on how this ones sell. If there's enough demand for a full length grip then we'll make it happen.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I'm curious about the Testament TESCB76MH-SS and TESCB710H-SS … Both would have the butt end cut down to 7ft.

What model would be closest in action/power to this? https://rodgeeks.com/collections/fib...-series-sg79hm
    That’s kind of a tough one since those are Fiberglass blanks and the Testament series is Graphite… so that alone I’d assume the shut off point for the blanks quite different. Not to mention we’re not overly familiar all of Rod Geeks models (I’m sure they’re not familiar with all of ours either).

As far as comparison of that particular model, we don’t have a 7’9” but there really isn't a comparison. Glass and Graphite are very different in how they perform. Ours is Fast Action theirs is Moderate. Graphite is lighter than Glass. Their H would be quite different from our Testament H. You can see all our casting model specs at: http://www.rainshadowrodblanks.com/p...-bass-casting/

Instead of cutting down the 76MH it would be better to cut down the 72MH (2-inches instead of 6-inches).

10. Member
    what would you recommend to compare to a North Fork Composites x ray ds721 blank and the xray 733 blank? thanks!
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    what would you recommend to compare to a North Fork Composites x ray ds721 blank and the xray 733 blank? thanks!
    Honestly we don’t know their Delta series overly well, they came out basically after we were no longer distributing their blanks. We do rate our Actions and Powers a bit differently (every company is a little different). We’re also not sure what modulus it would line up as (what’s LMX?) but we assume it’s an Intermediate Mod which would be our RX6 or Revelation (which is more of a High Modulus).

So disclaimer is, it’s a bit of a guess.
    DS 7231-1 = Revelation REVS72L is Fast instead of XF

MB733, we don’t have a MB model in the ML range but our RX6 SB841 seems to fit the specs

12. Member
    Batson-Brands ..... just helping out on the response to Josh's question. The NFC blank he is asking about is actually called HM X ray. According to their (NFC's) web site the blank is their HM material, without a scrim. Advertised as 20% lighter than their HM blanks. The Delta series is said to use their SM (standard modulus) material. Both the Delta series and the HM X ray series are unsanded blanks. They have small ridges of resin left on them.

I have no experience with the Delta series, but I have built on 2 of the MB 736 HM X ray blanks and they are pretty phenomenal. I sanded the 2 X ray blanks I built on (couldn't deal with the ridges) Anyhow, as far as blank sensitivity goes, I'd say the HM X ray blanks are a little more sensitive than the Rainshadow Immortal blanks that I have built on. So my guess is that the X ray would have been where the Eternity series is/was.

If the new Testament series is more sensitive than the Immortals (which are very sensitive) then it would be something from the new Testament line. Of course sensitivity is a subjective thing.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Thanks Bassbme, I misread. Then for the MB733 X-Ray, the Eternity ETES72ML would be a great fit (it's still in stock)

Our new Testament TESS72ML would work as well but we're a few months away from being in stock.

14. Member
    Will those new new size 16 seats also work on the MVT spinning seat? I literally have one sitting in my cart @ getbit right now just waiting to pull the trigger :-)

15. BBC SPONSOR
    You talking the hoods? Yes but they are graphite so it'll look a bit different than the Toray MVT version - plus they're not quite in stock yet.

16. Member
    Thanks so much guys. I love the x Ray's, and all my rods are made with them, but the wait times are ridiculous if I have a guiding client interested in having a rod built after using mine.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batson-Brands View Post
    You talking the hoods? Yes but they are graphite so it'll look a bit different than the Toray MVT version - plus they're not quite in stock yet.
    Any idea when they'll start showing up in retailers? And been checking out the icast coverage, everythign looks good so far. No sign of the eternity replacement yet though? Can't wait to see what you come up with.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
    Any idea when they'll start showing up in retailers? And been checking out the icast coverage, everythign looks good so far. No sign of the eternity replacement yet though? Can't wait to see what you come up with.
    There is no replacing the Eternity. But the new Made in USA rod blank is the Testament, it's a whole new line (it was in development long before we knew Eternity was going away).
    Most things should be available by September.

19. Member
    It would have to be a pretty special blank to replace the Eternity. Sadly (due more to my stupidity) I was only able to build on one blank from the Eternity series. The ETES610MXF. I fished it for the first time yesterday (7/14) and all I can say is, it is a crying shame that blank will no longer be in production. The rod I built on it is insanely good. It may be the finest blank I've ever built on.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    It would have to be a pretty special blank to replace the Eternity. Sadly (due more to my stupidity) I was only able to build on one blank from the Eternity series. The ETES610MXF. I fished it for the first time yesterday (7/14) and all I can say is, it is a crying shame that blank will no longer be in production. The rod I built on it is insanely good. It may be the finest blank I've ever built on.
    I have a gen 1 cobalt blue blank of that exact same model! Just waiting on those new alps rapid hoods to become available so I can complete it to my liking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast