Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pantera Classic vs P2

I've always assumed that all of the Pantera models had the same dimensions. It appears from the BCB website that the Classic is a smaller boat. Of the two, which one is wider at the front seat pedestal? Thanks.

2. Member
    They use to be the same size. The Classic is actually a little longer with a 90” beam. Though the Classic carries that width farther forward on the front deck making the space quite a bit larger than the PII front deck

basscat tyler, that's precisely why I asked. I noticed the verbiage concerning carrying the width forward. Thank you, Sir.

4. Member
    I looked at both in February 2018. I ended up with a 2018 P2. The rear of the P2 is wider but it narrows around the console to the front. It is 19'.1" long. The Classic is 19'.6" it is narrower in the rear but holds its width much farther forward. The front deck is larger then the P2, but I still flip and pitch with my partner on the front of my P2. Both boats have plenty of storage. The console on the Classic has slightly more leg and hip room, but I'm 6'4" and fit in my P2. The rear bilge access is much better on the Classic, that is the only thing I dont like on my P2. The P2 has better live wells and seats (seats are my opinion) I think you can upgrade the Classic livewells (not sure though). The P2 is a rocket 0 to 60mph. I blow by other manufacturers 20ft boats with 250hp motors during the start of tournaments. I'm sure the Classic is similar.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 07-02-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    Brad Krone

Sit tight, more information on new packages coming in July at Dealer Meeting.

6. Member
    When is the dealer meeting this year?
    2020 Phoenix 919 Pro XP w/ 225 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

July 21 & 22 with public showing July 23rd. Meeting is in Downtown Branson at Hilton Promenade by The Landing, and the marina is Chateau Resort.

8. Member
    Nice. I went last year; it was a great event. Won’t be able to make it this year. I’m certainly intrigued by the new packages though. I’ve had my eye on a Classic. Sounds like maybe I should wait a few weeks now....

9. Member
    I went from a 2015 P2 to a 2019 Classic, both with 200’s. The Classic has a much larger front deck, and more storage, including underseat. I prefer the layout of the Classic better, particularly with the center rod locker. They are both rockets out of the hole, but it feels to me like my Classic with the V8 accelerates even faster.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

10. Member
    Man, am I the only one that’s antsy about the possibility of a Special Package or packaged deal P2 or Classic? That’d be pretty sweet in my book. Maybe I’m reading too much into the post by BCB.... Hard to decide if I should jump on a 2019 with the rebate in play or hold off to see what else is coming.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Sit tight, more information on new packages coming in July at Dealer Meeting.
    Any new info on this??

I know, I am waiting in anticipation too!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Eager to see any updates to the PII as well. My 14 PII was an amazing boat but I did find myself wishing it was a little more in line with the other BCB models and layouts but keeping that 19/200 combo that performed so well.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    July 21 & 22 with public showing July 23rd. Meeting is in Downtown Branson at Hilton Promenade by The Landing, and the marina is Chateau Resort.
    waiting.... might have to make a change or two the boat I ordered.

15. Member
    The Classic has a substantially wider from deck than the PII. With the under seat storage it has
    More than the PII.

I believe there will be updates to the Classic and PII. Just my opinion. BCB mentioned to wait for news from the dealers meeting
    More than once referencing the boats.

I can tell you that we do a two horn blast off. I had a new Classic beside me rigged exactly like mine, minus the passenger console. We both hammered it at the same time and I pulled it out the hole and ahead of it. It had the new V8 Merc.
    Once we were on our way he stayed with me. Right at 72.2 mph.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Member
    Not sure if it is a consideration for your choice but I believe the only available color on the top cap of the classic is white
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

Any updates to the Classic ?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKFishing View Post
    Not sure if it is a consideration for your choice but I believe the only available color on the top cap of the classic is white
    I was looking at these hard last year, and that was the reason I went elsewhere. Don't care for a white interior. I hope they change this for 2020!

19. Member
    Saw a post on Facebook mentioning a P2 Special Package... anyone have any details?

Only thing I saw was the P2 SP package with 3 7” graphs and an Ultrex 80. No other details on price, Power Poles etc.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast