New unit, touch screen issues

Came across a good buy on a carbon 16 last month brand new on amazon so I went ahead and picked it up. I took it out yesterday for the first time and noticed the left side of the screen barely responds to the touch. Some things it wouldn’t do anything when I touched it and others I had a press down really hard rapidly for it to pick up. Is this thing a dud or is there a way to fix this? I’m going to give lowrance a call tomorrow but really don’t want to have to send the unit to lowrance if I don’t have to

I also noticed my 3 in 1 transducer was not showing up on the unit (when selecting transducer). Do I need to do the most recent updates so the 3 in 1 registers? Because it’s not even giving me the option for the 3 in 1

Thanks,
    bruce
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

2. BBC SPONSOR BassFishin Electronics's Avatar
    With the unit powered off hold the waypoint button and power on. Keep holding the button until you hear a second beep. Complete the touchscreen calibration by touching each crosshair. See if that helps

3. Member
    You need to be running at least 18.3 system software for the 3-in-1 to work on a Carbon. If it's older it aint gonna work.

4. Member
    This unit is extremly power-sensetive, so start by checking your electrical system and pull up voltage as an overlay on your screen. With the one unit on, that should read well above 12V.
    As mentioned in #3 it needs fairly new software to run a 3 in 1, and make sure you are looking at channel 2. Remember to to a hard reset after updating.
    With the electrical part and update sortet, calibrate your screen.

5. Member
    Updated to 19.1, recalibrated, then did a hard reset and still nothing. While running the engine I was above 14v and touch screen still wasn’t working on left side.. Yesterday it was a little over 12 after my last fishing trip. Put it on the charger and will check it after work. Called lowrance to go ahead and get everything in line To send it down to them. If it doesn’t work today, back to lowrance it goes

6. Member
    Good plan.

7. Member
    Sent an Elitle TI 9 back today. Brand new out of box had same similar problem with touch screen. Unresponsive and just not accurate. The screen then went to flashing bright and dark. Mulitple resets and calibrations, I had to send it in. They do not pay return shipping ($35 for me to CA) and if needs replacing, I will be getting a rerubished unit. To me that doesn't seem right for a unit never on the water. I will say the customer service rep was very helpful and professional, she was knowledgeable.

hope all works out for you

8. Member
    Received an email yesterday that a replacement is being sent. I will call them Monday to see what they are sending. Since I purchased it brand new I will not accept a refurbished unit. I purchased it new and I expect a new one in return. We will find out

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank137 View Post
    Sent an Elitle TI 9 back today. Brand new out of box had same similar problem with touch screen. Unresponsive and just not accurate. The screen then went to flashing bright and dark. Mulitple resets and calibrations, I had to send it in. They do not pay return shipping ($35 for me to CA) and if needs replacing, I will be getting a rerubished unit. To me that doesn't seem right for a unit never on the water. I will say the customer service rep was very helpful and professional, she was knowledgeable.

hope all works out for you
    i would not accept a refurbished unit. Mine was brand new out of the box as well. Yes it was the previous model, but it had never been used

10. Member
    Well after a long hr on the phone with a lady who barely spoke English, they are sending a refurbished unit. I will be calling back to speak to someone else. My problem is I don’t even know what the issue was with this refurbished unit, as in why was it sent back in the first place. She continued to tell me that all internals were new but that it was only refurbished on the outside. If that’s the case then why was it sent back? Never would/could answer the question. I have had two brand new units in the last year have problems right out the gate. I don’t think I will be purchasing any new lowrance units. Purchase a brand new unit for 2500 and in return get someone’s used until that they repaired. Doesn’t sound right to me. Might be time to make a change to birds instead