Thread: New Vexus 1880

New Vexus 1880

After over a year of looking at every kind of boat 50k and under I finally pulled the trigger on an 1880. I was really going to get the 1980, but after adding the things I wanted it was over my budget and the 1880 came in just right without losing anything but a foot in length. I pick it up Tuesday after one issue after the other getting the mounts, then they found a cable broke that controls the plug.....so day 13 since I bought the boat is D day, then it's fishin missionary time.

Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    After over a year of looking at every kind of boat 50k and under I finally pulled the trigger on an 1880. I was really going to get the 1980, but after adding the things I wanted it was over my budget and the 1880 came in just right without losing anything but a foot in length. I pick it up Tuesday after one issue after the other getting the mounts, then they found a cable broke that controls the plug.....so day 13 since I bought the boat is D day, then it's fishin missionary time.
    CONGRATS. You will love it no doubt. You put a Merc or Rude on the back?
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

3. Member
    E-tech 135 on the back. From what I wanted, this was the best option since it is basically a 150 from what I was told trying to research all this new stuff. Ultrex, Gen 3 9" bird on the front, 9 inch Garmin piggybacking with Live scope, 7 inch bird on the helm with a 10 inch bird beside it. Gonna wait on the power poles until I see how much I will use them with the Ultrex. That live-scope took them out for now, not to mention drooping it of for the blue lights and box lights.

4. Stinnettjn1
    Congrats! You will enjoy your new ride!

5. Member
    So , I picked up my boat Tuesday, it had been 2 weeks just to get a helix 10 and a Garmin live-scope put on it as well as a Fulton jack. They back the boat in for inspection and the first thing that jumps out was the new jack....it was on the wrong side secured by U bolts, I'm like WTH, and the salesman tells me that the bolt pattern would not fit so they just put it on the other side which now I will have to fix, as I was not going to leave the boat there another day. I will call Vexus and ask which Fulton jack they use, or just make my own bracket and put the jack back in the right place. It's the simple things.

6. Member
    Just have vexus send u the right one. My Jack broke at dealer, day I picked up boat
    2019 Vexus 1880, merc 115

7. Member
    Did you buy your boat from Days?

8. Member
    So , I picked up my boat Tuesday, it had been 2 weeks just to get a helix 10 and a Garmin live-scope put on it as well as a Fulton jack. They back the boat in for inspection and the first thing that jumps out was the new jack....it was on the wrong side secured by U bolts, I'm like WTH, and the salesman tells me that the bolt pattern would not fit so they just put it on the other side which now I will have to fix, as I was not going to leave the boat there another day. I will call Vexus and ask which Fulton jack they use, or just make my own bracket and put the jack back in the right place. It's the simple things.
    Doesn't sound like a good dealer to leave it for you to fix

9. Member
    That's a nice blue. I kind of prefer that over the white. :o

Maybe my boat will be wrong again and I'll change it to that color, lol.

10. Member
    Damn nice color

11. Member
    I think the Vexus AVX boat design with the gray bottom paint makes every color look good. I just thought that one in a bright yellow like the Schwinn “Lemon Peeler” Sting Ray bike from back in the day would look awesome, and I don’t even like yellow.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    That's a nice blue. I kind of prefer that over the white. :o .
    20190710_132552.jpg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    Did you buy your boat from Days?
    No, I had been talking with them and went to look at the Vexus when they first got them, but once I was ready to buy , they were out of the 1880 and had no idea when they would get another. I got mine at Taylors South Shore Marine, as they had just got a dealership and 4 new boats.......I jumped, or I would have had to drive to Tenn to get what I wanted.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duaned View Post
    Doesn't sound like a good dealer to leave it for you to fix
    I was not happy about it, but I was not leaving without my boat, as It had been there 13 days already. I just chalk it up to this being the first Vexus they had sold.

15. Member
    Yesterday, I finally got to put the Vexus in the water. I knew it would be a good ride, I did not expect it to be better than anything I have ever been on, but I was wrong. I could not be happier about the boat in every way, I have not one thing bad to say about it, it just exceeds.
    I was pissed about my Pan Optics not working, but this morning Garmin called and we fixed the issue. The powerplug for the box was not properly inserted in to the plug......Sloppy on the Tech for not checking this, but props to Garmin for taking time to walk me through it.
    We pulled the boat out, then the fanfare started, people wanting to look it over......This keeps up, I'ma ask Vexus for some sales commission

16. Member
    Yesterday, I finally got to put the Vexus in the water. I knew it would be a good ride, I did not expect it to be better than anything I have ever been on, but I was wrong. I could not be happier about the boat in every way, I have not one thing bad to say about it, it just exceeds.
    I was pissed about my Pan Optics not working, but this morning Garmin called and we fixed the issue. The powerplug for the box was not properly inserted in to the plug......Sloppy on the Tech for not checking this, but props to Garmin for taking time to walk me through it.
    We pulled the boat out, then the fanfare started, people wanting to look it over......This keeps up, I'ma ask Vexus for some sales commission
    That’s the thing about a Vexus....people notice them and want to come take a look. Get used to that. And as good as they look, you found out their best feature is how they perform. Congrats on your new Vexus, and keep us posted on how Garmin does. My bow doesn’t have a dedicated unit, and I believe Garmin’s live feature is the best thing going right now for a bow installed fish finder.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Get used to it. I am unloaded, park, load up and leave type guy. Not to interested in BS'ing with folks at the ramp. However, I have talked with more people at the ramp in the last 6 months(how long I have had my boat) than I have in the last 5 years. Sometimes can't even stop and get a coffee without someone asking about it. Fortunately, I am on the water quite a bit and typically only use 2 ramps, so most have already saw it or asked about it. Now it is the pleasure boaters asking about.

Awesome boats, well designed prop to prop. Very happy with my 1980. No doubt the boat will meet and/or exceed your expectations. On top of it, the overall Vexus team is incredible to work with. Very responsive and genuinely care about the owners being truly satisfied with their purchase.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner