Question Helix 10 Mega SI out on left side

I’ve seen this posted elsewhere and it appears to be the head unit. SI is there but barely visible. Does this on two different transducers (Mega on transom and HD on trolling motor). Restored defaults and updated from 1.6x to 1.9x. Same problem.

But if I network my Helix 10 (on bow) to my Helix 9 Mega (console and connected to the Mega transducer) the Helix 10 SI is good on both sides. I’m assuming the units use different circuits when sharing networked images. Is this correct?

I plan on sending the 10 back to HB for repairs later this year. Should I send the transducer with it even though it doesn’t appear to be the transducer causing the problems?

Going to install the two Mega transducers on the transom when I get the 10 back for better imaging. The motor blocked the left side too much and need to trim way up.

Thanks.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

The SI circuits are the same for all 7 pin transducers.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    I’ve seen this posted elsewhere and it appears to be the head unit. SI is there but barely visible. Does this on two different transducers (Mega on transom and HD on trolling motor). Restored defaults and updated from 1.6x to 1.9x. Same problem.

But if I network my Helix 10 (on bow) to my Helix 9 Mega (console and connected to the Mega transducer) the Helix 10 SI is good on both sides. I’m assuming the units use different circuits when sharing networked images. Is this correct?

I plan on sending the 10 back to HB for repairs later this year. Should I send the transducer with it even though it doesn’t appear to be the transducer causing the problems?

Going to install the two Mega transducers on the transom when I get the 10 back for better imaging. The motor blocked the left side too much and need to trim way up.

Thanks.
    You sort of lost me in the second half of your post but it sounds like the SI is good when the Helix 9 is connected to the transducer but the not good when the Helix 10 is connected.
    Sounds like a classic case I had 3 times on my Helix 10 G2N.
    Sent it back twice for repairs which the invoice said "circuit board repair"

The 3rd time I sent it back for repair I also shipped the Y cables and transducers.
    It was then replaced with a new G3N unit.

Good luck
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    You sort of lost me in the second half of your post but it sounds like the SI is good when the Helix 9 is connected to the transducer but the not good when the Helix 10 is connected.
    Sounds like a classic case I had 3 times on my Helix 10 G2N.
    Sent it back twice for repairs which the invoice said "circuit board repair"

The 3rd time I sent it back for repair I also shipped the Y cables and transducers.
    It was then replaced with a new G3N unit.

Good luck
    Yes, that is correct. But the 10 displays SI normally when ethernet connected to the 9 (10 ---> 9 ---> transducer).
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret

5. Member
    Yep, so you verified the problem is with the 10, since the 9 works and is then sharing with the 10.
    Whichever unit the SI transducer is physically connected is doing the pinging.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

That’s what I figured. Thanks for your help.
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    USAF Ret