Thread: 919 VS. 19PHX

919 VS. 19PHX

I am torn between ordering a 919 or 19PHX. I'm looking at $1700 difference between the 2 after the upgrades that I want to do. My question is, are the slam latches and day box worth the $1700 in others opinion. I assume both will ride fairly close to the same as far as speed and ride quality. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Banned
    For 1700 buy top of the line

3. Member
    I went with the 19 phx, love the boat but dont really use the day box alot, I have some small boxes in there but that's about it, I think it's more about how you like to have your storage setup, the front bin on the starboard side is where I keep my throw cushion and life jackets and any other clothing I need for the day and it works well for that but I know others like the full rod box for more storage options.

4. Member
    That's what I mainly keep in that compartment on my 819. In your opinion are the slam latches worth the extra money?

5. Member
    I love the slam latches, I dont know what they would cost to have them put on a 919 I didn't check on that option when I was checking prices. As far as performance im seeing 73mph and I still have more there still working on the setup, I know guys are seeing more than that out of the 919's. I was like you I had it down to about $1300 difference so I went with the PHX, just depends on which storage options you like best.

6. Member
    Thanks for your help.

Can't get the slam latches on non phx. I would love that day box. I've thought about selling mine just to get a phx because of the latches and the day box.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

8. Member
    Anyone have the base price on both boats & price list your options

9. Member
    More differences on a PHX than just daybox and slam latches. Deck is higher thus making the console higher. Top cap is taller thus making the storage deeper. Strakes run farther forward thus helping the ride in rough water. To me, it was a no brainer. Oh, by the way, only the PHX boats can have the slam latches. When I was considering the 919 or PHX I asked if the latches could be upgraded on the 919. No go. To get the slam latches, you have to purchase the PHX. This information is as of March 2019 when I ordered my rig. Who knows, they might add them as an option on 2020 elites or ProXp.

10. Scraps
    I have an 819 and think I would use the day box A LOT. Not sure if $1700 worth, but that PHX may fetch a little more $$$ and interest come trade up time.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I ordered the 19PHX last week. How long did yours take to be delivered Big_Jim? I'm being told 2 months by my dealer, but my 819 was delivered a few weeks ahead of schedule.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnwllms1055 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I ordered the 19PHX last week. How long did yours take to be delivered Big_Jim? I'm being told 2 months by my dealer, but my 819 was delivered a few weeks ahead of schedule.
    I ordered mine on March 19th (Immediately after the Bass Master's Classic Expo when they officially released the 19 PHX) after I drove to Knoxville to check it out. Was told 10-12 weeks.
    At the 10 week mark, May 20th, the boat was in production, but it was delayed a week to wait on a new motor (Mercury 4 stroke ProXS 225). By the time my dealer added my add ons (battery fuel gauge & NEMA 2000 link to Hummingbird) it was right at 12 weeks. Took delivery the first week of June.

The last month is painful to wait. So, be prepared. LOL!

13. Member
    It was painful waiting on my first one. Already worse waiting on this one. Lol