Thread: 2017 175 Proxs

2017 175 Proxs

Went out today and after unloading took off only for the boat to sputter and die after going 150 yards. Starts fine and dies after about 20 seconds of idling or if you give it some throttle. Bad gas maybe? Seems to run a touch better with the motor trimmed up? I think it’s bad gas but I have platinum warranty so I will take it in Tuesday but what other issues could I be looking at? I also have Vessel View mobile which I checked and it says “no faults”

SN#2B230678
    Last edited by kindlel; 07-01-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: add serial number

2. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    I would drain gas and replace with fresh before taking to dealer.

3. Member
    I would pump up the primer bulb, with the motor off, until its hard.

4. Member
    The bulb gets a touch weak every time it dies but one pump and it’s hard again?

5. Member
    for what its worth I have vessel view mobile and it is not showing any faults at all

6. Member
    Minor technicality, your 175 is a 2.5L, and since you know it's under Platinum protection (and possibly still under original factory warranty) best course of action is to have the issue checked by your dealer and recorded for warranty purposes.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    just got the call. They said the fuel pump was getting extremely hot. Guess that means its going out. Have to wait a week on a new one.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good that you took it in to get it checked (especially since the engine is still under warranty). Moving to the 2.5L Forum for you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor