PT190 Planing Issue

To start the boat is a 2007 Bass Tracker PT190. It’s equipped with 3 batteries (2 of which are in a compartment mid boat/bow area), 2 10ft power poles, 6” Atlas Jack plate, and a 90hp optimax 2stroke. The boat used to have an 18 pitch vengeance prop which would cause the boat to over rev like crazy. Eventually I bought a 22 pitch Laser II, the rpms seem to be more in the ball park but once trimming when trying to plane it eventually starts to rev past the limiter (5800rpm). No matter what I do it feels it still wants to plow water. Could my engine be sitting to low not allowing it to plane? Do I possibly need to raise the jack plate after hole shotting and before trying to trim up? Can my current prop be cupped to lower the rpms a bit? Would a 4 blade prop work? Was thinking about investing in a 22P Trophy Plus if that would cure the issues. If anyone’s got any ideas they would be much appreciated. Any questions that need to be answered just let me know!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have the same hull, PT185, and also run a 90. Three batteries group 31, no jackplate nor power poles and I run a 20P. 5400 RPM and 45 mph. With that additional weight in the back a 22P I would think would make it difficult to reach max rpm and would be slow getting on plane.

3. Member
    I had roughly the same set-up as you before I put on the 150. You should not have any trouble what so ever getting on plane no matter what the jackplate is set at. A Trophy would def be an improvement over the Laser though.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Stainless ComancheSteering wheel
    Stainless pop-up tiedowns
    Comanche Passenger rodholder
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps
    JBL Stereo with JBL10" Marine Sub.
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @68mph (heavy)

4. Member
    Same year Opti on a Fisher. No jp or poles. 19p Trophy plus does fine. I suspect a 22p Trophy would be too much.