Guessing I need to move towards center abit

Hds live seems to be having port side issues
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The owners manual recommends mounting the transducer on the starboard side of the motor for standard rotation. Do you have Counter Rotation?
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

3. Member
    i hear yea, i'm not finding anything in the transducer mounting instructions or the hds manual that mention a specific side, i assume i have standard rotation, just a single Yamaha 4 stroke 115 HP

4. Member
    Other thing, have you trimmed the motor up when you are scanning, to make sure your engine leg isn't blocking the transducer's "view"

Incidentally, the tansducers have install instructions posted on Lowrance's Support Site.

5. Member
    yea i see that in the page 21 of the carbon manuel , but it isn't listed in the hds manuel, needless to say i have already removed it from the port side and will be placing on starboard.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    The owners manual recommends mounting the transducer on the starboard side of the motor for standard rotation. Do you have Counter Rotation?
    This is as close to an urban myth you will get with marine electronics.

It is physically impossible for a propeller to disturb something in front of and to the side if it. At high speed, yes this can have an effect, but while idling/ trolling it does not.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post

It is physically impossible for a propeller to disturb something in front of and to the side if it. At high speed, yes this can have an effect, but while idling/ trolling it does not.
    Ok, then what is your suggestion for the OP? Maybe he doesn't have it level side to side? Or his motor is in the way?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post

TC.... the concern is not the prop will interfere with the transducer. The problem is the transducer can interfere with the water flow to the prop/engine. In this application it pretty much is a moot point. At the time/speed the flow could be compromised the boat won't be going fast enough to really matter. Once it's at WOT chances are it isn't in the water anyway.

My transducer extension is a prime example of what can happen. My prop slip number were outta sight. lost 10+mph and water pressure was greatly reduced. Just because I dropped the transducer 2"s.

9. Member
    Watch the you tube video about transducer mounting by Jacob Scott that shows you how to mount this transducer correctly.