Okhissa Fishing Report

Has anyone fished Okhissa lately? May head there with a friend over the weekend for the first time. Any tips or recent reports are appreciated. Thanks!

2. Member
    This is not timely, but I fished it last weekend and did ok. Caught 2 bass, both over 5lbs. For me Ohkissa is no longer a numbers lake but rather a size lake. I catch more 5#+ bass here than anywhere else. I caught both on a deep main lake point on a Carolina rigged worm.
    Also know that they have dropped the lake level by 3-4’ recently to kill or retard hydrilla growth, so don’t go expecting to punch the grass which has been the normal summer pattern.

Robert

3. Member
    They discovered giant salvinia in okhissa earlier this year so the lake drop was most likely a management strategy to limit the spread of giant salvinia. A 3-4' water level drop wont do much for hydrilla control since it grows in deeper areas of the lake.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_prodigy75 View Post
    They discovered giant salvinia in okhissa earlier this year so the lake drop was most likely a management strategy to limit the spread of giant salvinia. A 3-4' water level drop wont do much for hydrilla control since it grows in deeper areas of the lake.
    Makes perfect sense but I also noticed the hydrilla was largely gone from areas I usually fish such as along the dam. Might be that they sprayed? Hydrilla that was there looked brown and sickly not the normal green that looks inviting to a punch jig.