Thread: Retirement!

Retirement!

Hey NC guys, don't post too much but just wanted to share my excitement about
    my last day of work this afternoon! Worked at Blue Bell/ VF (they make Wrangler & Lee jeans)
    since November 1979 and retired this afternoon after 39 years and 7 months and looking forward to
    blowing the dust off of my reels and being one of those guys who says when someone says the lakes are getting crowded
    I can say, " I don't know, I fish on Wednesday!"
    See you on the water!
    Thanks
    Randy

Congrats... enjoy retirement (Small world we are friends with the former CIO at VF he retired from there a year and a half ago.j

3. Member
    Congrats, Old lint head here too!

Thanks guys,
    Hey, Rodney, I pray your son is doing better and want to see you guys at Lake Reese (my stomping grounds) ASAP!
    Anyway, Thanks for the kind thoughts.
    Your friend
    Randy

Congrats and enjoy yourself. You certainly put in your time. Godspeed

Thanks bbbill,
    Never met but VF gave me a sweet gift card for my retirement. Might just need to see you in your
    department at BPS to get rid of some of it!
    Thans
    Randy

7. Banned
    Congrats!!! We had a Blue Bell plant here in Wilson, NC way back in the 60's and 70's. Not sure when it opened or closed but my mother worked there for several years before they closed the doors. May have lasted into the 80s but not sure.

Hey dwmgg17,
    Yep, spend many days/weeks in the Wilson plant. Was down there all summer helping load the cutting tables onto trailers
    to be relocated and rebuilt in Mexico. The plant closed in approx. 2011. The building was purchased by a company
    now named 3C Store Fixtures. Back in the day it was running 2 shifts and had about 700 operators. Made Wrangler Jeans and
    Timber Creek pants and shorts there back when there was manufacturing in the US. Many a lunch break at Bill's BBQ and dinners
    at Beefmaster or Silver Lake seafood. Good times.

9. Member
    Congrats on the retirement. I have a few years left to go but will look forward to the week day fishing.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

I retired 3 and a half years ago, lasted 3 weeks and opened right back up ! Almost went crazy in those 3 weeks. Still take off when I want too but not often.

11. Banned
    10-4 there Randy. I can remember mom getting Wranglers for us when we were in school. Did not know it lasted that long.my memory on some things is terrible. Hey, i bet you ate a few hot dogs and cheeseburgers from Poythress's grill there at the hwy 42 overpass right down from Blue Bell. Man they were good. Can not find anything even close to them these days. Helped dad pour about a thousand yards of concrete around that vault company there. Nothing i hated worse than pushing a wheel barrow full of concrete 50-60 yards .
    Last edited by dwmgg17; 06-28-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Congrats.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

Congrats !! Enjoy yourself....I early retired a few years ago and now I work harder than ever....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Banned
    When i retired, i retired no holds barred. Just donate several hundred a month to the youngest one we raised but do absolutely nothing. Not able to do anything now.

Hey dwmgg17,

Yep, the head mechanic used to like to go over there and he/we just called it "The Grill"
    Been rethinking, off on my closing date a little I think. My buddy that worked with me in the summers after the closing
    has been retired 7 years and we did a few years work in Greensboro afterwards. I think it was
    closer to 2008-2009 when it was all gone.
    Randy

16. Member
    I think retirement sucks...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!