Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    New RT188p with the 115 G2 would be my choice...

In my hood, you show up with a Vexus, you liable to get "jacked"....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    You would look good in a new AVX1880 !

66191931_2512823882095729_9033454918102417408_n.jpg

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    New RT188p with the 115 G2 would be my choice...

In my hood, you show up with a Vexus, you liable to get "jacked"....

Ah, that explains the Ranger recommendation. Can't have anything nice or of value in the hood.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 07-12-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

This is kind of a ford vs chevy thing.
    Having just looked at boats myself, I can say they are (mostly) all pretty good boats these days - the choice made by a few preferences, perhaps availability, dealers rep etc...
    If I had been looking for a bass style boat - I would have chosen the Polar Kraft. (did chose a polar kraft, just not in their bass styled boat)
    I am also, thus far, happy as a lark with Knot Marine in Union KY.

5. Member
    Yes they are awesome boats I I bought 1 in April it's everything I wanted and then some

6. Member
    Yes the vexus 1880 with Merc 115 are awesome boats I I bought 1 in April it's everything I wanted and then some

7. Member
    It was Ranger for me after looking at most brands....
    They have been in business a long time.
    They have a great reputation and take care of their customers.
    Great warranty backed by Ranger. And great resale value, and the dealers will deal on a Ranger.
    I liked Vexus, but there is not but one dealer in my neck of the woods. That necko the woods is almost the whole state. That means they don't have to deal with you because you can't go one or two counties over and check their price. Good for the dealer, good for Vexus.......NOT so good for the buyer. Not so good for the guy that might travel and need something fixed out of town. I had probably four Ranger dealers closer than the Vexus dealer ---- maybe more. Why does Vexus not have more dealers?

I am not saying they are not a nice boat...they are. But so is Ranger. They both have pluses and minuses. Also, I did not really want a pad hull in an aluminum boat. For some reason, that makes the bow seem seem higher than a mod V and I wanted a flat level fishing deck. The RT188 has that. The only real thing I saw better in the Vexus is the way the do the storage lockers, and that was not worth the extra money and lack of dealer service support and competition on price.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

8. Member
    I've been looking at some Excel tin rigs, and I am leaning towards them at the moment, kinda high in price but really nice.

9. Member
    For me it’s Vexus all the way. Every last thing on them starting from the trailer is better done than Ranger or Triton. Then there’s the ride which is in a totally different class from the modified V boats. My buddy traded his 2012 glass ranger with a 150 on it for an AVX 1980 and him and I both agree the Vexus has a better ride.

10. Not Banned
    I've seen a couple of the Vexus boats for sale used lately on the facebook groups. Might join those and ask the guys in private why they are selling so quickly. It could just be buyers remorse but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverFox View Post
    I've seen a couple of the Vexus boats for sale used lately on the facebook groups. Might join those and ask the guys in private why they are selling so quickly. It could just be buyers remorse but who knows.

I agree with you on this. I am always curious when I see a used one. I know of 4 (2 - 1980's and 2 - 2080's). 1 of the 1980's is because they are going to a 2080, the other 1980, it wasn't a good fit for his family and so he bought a pleasure boat. The one 2080 was due to sponsor conflict(it is a very sweet setup at an awesome price). The other 2080 the guy traded out his 2019 for a 2020.

Mine just may be on the market either by me on the dealer at the beginning of the year when I hit the 1 year mark, as I am seriously kicking around going to a 2080.

12. Member
    That is a sweet looking boat. Is that a new color?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    I've been looking at some Excel tin rigs, and I am leaning towards them at the moment, kinda high in price but really nice.
    Excel is coming out with a line of aluminum bass boats soon. - fyi

14. Member
    My Alumacraft Competitor 205 is awesome. It’s got a huge front deck with three seat bases set up for spider rigging, more cockpit room than a bass specific boat that works great for walleye, and even a 47” 27 gallon livewell if you want to get into catfishing or muskie fishing. It’s the best jack of all trades aluminum boat on the market right now, along with probably the Crestliner Raptor. It’s longer than you wanted, but moving down in size it falls in line with many of the other 19 foot class boats out there.

15. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    That is a sweet looking boat. Is that a new color?
    Yep - Sapphire Blue

16. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Ah, that explains the Ranger recommendation. Can't have anything nice or of value in the hood.
    That’s rite, the Hood Rats here like nice shiny trailer queens that don’t smell like there’s ever been a fish in it...

Im joking...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

17. Member
    I've had my 1880 for almost a month now.....OMG....love this boat. I'm coming from a TR20. That dog gone four stroke is so quiet I was fishing yesterday and went to the first spot and kept hearing my livewell running.....hmmmm...thought my batts were going to die soon if this keeps up. It was my dang motor purring.....sheeesh.....glad no one else was in boat!!
    If I could only say one negative it would be I'm still waiting for my center glove box....not bringing coffee in boat until I get it!!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    That’s rite, the Hood Rats here like nice shiny trailer queens that don’t smell like there’s ever been a fish in it...

Im joking...
    I understand, many of the local peasants own a Ranger. FYI, prefer shiny trailer King, typically one of the local Ranger peasants details the boat for me after each outing. This helps eliminate the fish smell just in case the Queen wants to go out.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToujoursPrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc03 View Post
    Excel is coming out with a line of aluminum bass boats soon. - fyi
    I wonder if they’re gonna be .160 gauge aluminum hulls like their bay boats are...if so, they’ll be a beast of a boat

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    If you fish big lakes where the wind whips up the waves sometimes, I'd stay away from an all Welded boat and instead opt for a rivited boat. Way too many threads on here about broken welds driving on choppy water.

For a Mod V style boat, that would be a LUND Renegade 1875.
    Any xpress boats cracked? Got a link if so? Huge difference in .100 and .125- the latter makes them ride like a glass boat especially in the ruff

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast