Thread: Dealer Mix-up

Dealer Mix-up

So, I am a little newish here but wanted some other peoples perspective on the issue I just realized yesterday. I ordered a new Nitro Z19 Sport in February with the 150 Pro XS and received delivery at the end of April, but just saw a picture of what the Pro XS looks like yesterday in a post and realized that isn't what is on my boat. I have the 150 fourstroke that is also offered, not the Pro XS. Don't slay me, I know.......but I am not a super motor head. So looking through my paperwork from when I ordered the boat it clearly indicates the Pro XS, along with matching the online price for what the boat should be with the Pro XS. Then looking through my closing documents about 1/2 to 2/3rds of the documents indicate a Pro XS, but then the remainder of the documents indicate the 150 fourstroke, not Pro XS. I have not yet brought this up with the dealer as there is a price difference and was trying to formulate a plan. I want to think that this is an honest mistake. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by bassmastermatt; 06-27-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Start the conversation now.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    You are owed what you paid for. Either go back and get your ProXS or get a refund on the price difference between the two.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

^^^What he said.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Yes, yes, and yes to the above. I would bet, it would be easiest to have them get you a ProXS... That is what I would go for as well....

Good luck, and let us know....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

6. Member
    Saw on another forum where they talked about a Mercury 150 Pro XS Four Stroke. Could it be that you actually have a new style Pro XS, but in a four stroke? I would research that a bit. Seems like a lot of folks are switching to four strokes anyway. If not, you may have gotten a better deal with a 150 four stroke than a 150 Pro XS two stroke!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    Saw on another forum where they talked about a Mercury 150 Pro XS Four Stroke. Could it be that you actually have a new style Pro XS, but in a four stroke? I would research that a bit. Seems like a lot of folks are switching to four strokes anyway. If not, you may have gotten a better deal with a 150 four stroke than a 150 Pro XS two stroke!
    Yeah if you were supposed to get a 2 stroke I would much rather have the 4 stroke.

8. Member
    OP, not to hijack, but I also have a Nitro Z19 Sport - 2018 purchased last summer... It's nice to see another 19 Sport owner here. I hope you love your boat as much as I love mine. I have the regular Merc 150 fourstroke. Quick question: what prop did yours come with? Mine came with a 21p Tempest Plus.

9. Member
    So I am in discussions with the manager at the dealer and they see the same mix up and so far he is being great to work with and is giving me most anticipated options (cash, new outboard etc). Both outboards would be 4 stroke, the new ProXS is a 4 stroke with updated electronics and gets another 200 RPM. So far I have been happy with the standard (non-ProXS) 4 stroke outboard at 150HP, yes a little underpowered for some, but fishing all the small lakes in the cities it is more than enough for that and water sports. Right now I am leaning towards taking a check from the dealer for the price difference and also a couple years indoor storage and maintenance for the mix-up. But the dealer was also going to check on lead times for outboards for me.

Greywalls - so far we are very happy with the 2019 Z19 Sport, we use it a ton as a family wakeboarding, tubing etc and also for fishing. A big upgrade from my 16' aluminum bass boat.

Matt, at the end of the day...if you're happy with the power you've got, and it's meeting your needs...the rest is gravy. Take the money and storage/maintenance offer.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

11. Member
    Sounds like you are working with a good dealer. I'm glad things are going to work out for you.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by bqtoot View Post
    The Fourstroke ProXS says ProXS on the cowl so it would be pretty obvious.

To the OP, while I would have opted for the ProXS to start with, if your happy with the motor I’d probably take the check and the storage and maintenance offer. Sounds like fair compensation to me. I don’t think you would notice the difference in power on that boat.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

13. Member
    The Pro xS will have a easier resell when that comes time. You will notice a bit more power and speed over a standard 4 stroke. ultimately they both work well. If you are very happy might as well take the financial win.

14. Member
    Update - So chatted with the Manager at the dealer last week and we decided on taking a check for the price difference and three years indoor storage and annual maintenance for the mix-up. The dealer has been great at trying to make it "right". They are also going to fix all the paperwork etc to make sure it states the right outboard. Overall very happy with the Z19 Sport and how it works for both serious (not tournament level) fishing and family water sports. Our 8 year old just learned how to wakeboard and loves it!

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Glad you got a good result... Enjoy the new rig with your family!
    Who controls John Gill?