Food Plots (What is everyone planting?)

Here in Indiana we have been swamped. When it was dry I was able to disk my creek bottom and put my newly acquired Ford 2 row planter to use and get corn planted. The day after planting the bottoms went under water and has been flooded 3 more times since. The last time I was able to cross the creek, I checked and the corn was spiking. I've not been able to look at it after the last 3 floods, will try to get over there tonight. Just curious what the weather has done for the other food plot planters out there and what you've been able to plant? The other 1/3 of my bottom is in wheat, I've not done anything to it yet, when I was mowing I had a hen and poults using it, so it got left for cover and forage. I plan on fall planting it with forage oats and turnips.

2. Member
    Same here, I had a dozer clear some trails and plots out in my woods this March. Wet enough that he couldn't dress anything so I had to spend more time disking but it turned out great. Got about an acre and half of clover and chickory seeded between rains and it exploded. 2 other smaller 1/4 acre kill plots are getting turnips and wheat this fall.

I got across my creek, corn didn't survive the flooding. Will be replanting hopefully before the 4th of July.

Radish has always worked great for me. Turnip greens will go in and the deer will go nuts.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Choothim View Post
    Radish has always worked great for me. Turnip greens will go in and the deer will go nuts.
    What time of the year do you plant the radishes and turnip greens?

6. Member
    Mowed and sprayed my clover july 5. Also set cameras and freshen mineral licks. I will go back in and spray one more time and check cameras mid August. If weather permits with rain I will plant forage radishes as well. In September I am planting a combo for first time. Gonna mix. Winter oats, forage rape, Australian peas and little bit of chicory.
    RANGER BOATS