Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what is Barren looking like ?

Is barren fishing better this year than it has been ?

2. Member
    It is fishing pretty good, but the bite has not been a typical June bite on Barren. It’s currently up 4.5ft over summer pool. Once they start drawing it hard, things should start to ramp up. A lot of good quality fish have been caught this year.
    1992 Champion 184 SC / 1986 Yamaha 150hp

3. Member
    Took 25lbs to win a 45 boat club tourney on Sunday but then dropped off to 16lbs for 2nd. That might the biggest bag I've heard of on Barren.

Quote Originally Posted by bgbassin View Post
    It is fishing pretty good, but the bite has not been a typical June bite on Barren. It’s currently up 4.5ft over summer pool. Once they start drawing it hard, things should start to ramp up. A lot of good quality fish have been caught this year.

4. Member
    What club was it? I was out on the toon and saw a lot boats but wasn't sure what organization it was.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

5. Member
    Bluegrass. That was the biggest bag I have ever seen or heard of weighed in at Barren.

6. Member
    Has to be close to the biggest bag ever weighed there................

Quote Originally Posted by FishFryKY View Post
    Bluegrass. That was the biggest bag I have ever seen or heard of weighed in at Barren.

7. Member
    I haven't heard of a club having that type of boat count. Got a link to their website or facebook page?

25 is stout for sure. I weighed 22 at a Renegade just a couple years ago and until this year it's the largest I've heard in an actual tourney for a while. 22 was a weighed a few weeks ago. I think the high water protected those fish for a few months this spring and helped ease them up.

8. Member
    I can’t verify 25 anywhere. I’ve never heard of that on barren. And I still don’t think the lake is that stout from all the weights from the weekday stuff. Seems pretty normal for this time of year

9. Member
    We had a club tx there Saturday, as the OP was asking about barren. Took 17 pounds to win.
    17.??
    13.??
    11.??
    10.??

we struggled. We caught 4 fish all day. Was hooked up but lost 5-6 fish, just couldn’t keep them hooked or get anything else going.
    RANGER BOATS

Quote Originally Posted by kyfisherman1 View Post
    Took 25lbs to win a 45 boat club tourney on Sunday but then dropped off to 16lbs for 2nd. That might the biggest bag I've heard of on Barren.

We had 27 lbs in a club night tournament several years back. 6 fish. Had bookend 5.25 lbs and 4 other good solid fish. We were culling 3lbers at midnight. The most awesome night of my life. We could do nothing wrong. Went back the following weekend and blanked doing the same thing! An old man down there put me on the fish the week before.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

11. Member
    Thats a great bag as well..........this was a 5 fish 25 lb bag..............I think the exact weight was 24.6lbs or something like that. He just rounded it up when he told me what was leading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Allison View Post
    We had 27 lbs in a club night tournament several years back. 6 fish. Had bookend 5.25 lbs and 4 other good solid fish. We were culling 3lbers at midnight. The most awesome night of my life. We could do nothing wrong. Went back the following weekend and blanked doing the same thing! An old man down there put me on the fish the week before.

12. Member
    Thats a great bag as well..........this was a 5 fish 25 lb bag..............I think the exact weight was 24.6lbs or something like that. He just rounded it up when he told me what was leading.
    Exact weight was 5 fish for 24.44 anchored by a 6.72, that is getting it!

13. Member
    They sure found themselves an untapped group of fish or got lucky with timing. Those 20 plus days are uncommon. Congrats to those guys!

14. Member
    We had 25+ fun fishing quite a few years ago with 2 over 6, one that wouldve pushed 7. Had a 4 1/2 smallmouth also and they all came from one point. Had one on topwater and the rest on a jig. It was just one of those days and then we struggled everywhere else we went.
    They aint got hands, set the hook

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    We had 25+ fun fishing quite a few years ago with 2 over 6, one that wouldve pushed 7. Had a 4 1/2 smallmouth also and they all came from one point. Had one on topwater and the rest on a jig. It was just one of those days and then we struggled everywhere else we went.
    Story of my life on Barren....with the exception of the big fish. Right spot, right time or nothing.

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    We had a club tx there Saturday, as the OP was asking about barren. Took 17 pounds to win.
    17.??
    13.??
    11.??
    10.??

we struggled. We caught 4 fish all day. Was hooked up but lost 5-6 fish, just couldn’t keep them hooked or get anything else going.
    You may not know the OP but he is in your club...looking at the results he had 7.93 and you had 2.76

17. Member
    yep i was there, struggled all morning went to many spots , after 12 o'clock went to a rock bank and caught all 3 fish in less than 10 minutes . then that was done.

We culled 6 limits that night. To tell you how it was our night. One of the 5.25’s was chasing shad at the state dock and I picked up a shad crankbait and tossed at her and she nailed it.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

19. Member
    Has to be close to the biggest bag ever weighed there................
    i don't know the largest but i remember back in 96 when i bought my boat and
    thought it would be fun to fish tournaments and there was a fair amount of
    night tournaments, 8-8,I watched Gary Stinson carry them to the scales
    doubled bagged in the dipnet what seemed like every weekend.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    You may not know the OP but he is in your club...looking at the results he had 7.93 and you had 2.76
    Should have I underlined and capalized STRUGGLED?

we struggled. We caught 4 fish all day. Was hooked up but lost 5-6 fish, just couldn’t keep them hooked or get anything else going.”

RANGER BOATS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast