Trailer replacement recommendations

I have a '99 TR21 with the original MFI tandem axle trailer. The boat is still in great shape, but the trailer has rust and axle issues. Not really interested in spending money to fix up the original. I would like channel construction, gatorhyde type coating, etc. I would like to here from any older Triton owners who have replacement trailers and what your experience/ opinions are of the new ones. I'm more concerned with quality than price. Marine Master?...etc. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Vector45; 06-26-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: addition text

2. Member
    I just bought a new aluminum trailer and had done a lot of research to find a quality trailer builder. This may be a long way for you to go to find a trailer but I found that Ameritrail made the best trailer I could find. A tad expensive but it had all the features I wanted and the quality of the work is second to none. It has torsion axles with disk brakes on all 4 wheels, and they use a bearing system that has no maintenance for 100,000 miles. They also use a channel aluminum rather than an I beam and it looks 100% better than an I beam trailer and is just as strong. They are located in St. Cloud Florida and can be found using a google search. I think my trailer cost around $7,200.00 with the options I wanted. (SST Hardware, tie downs and the huge roller up front was a little extra as I recall) My only complaint is the tires they put on the trailer wer not very good. I swapped them with the tires from my old trailer since they were pretty new.

There is a company in Mississippi called Sports Trail that makes one of the finest trailers made, even better than Ameriatrail, IMO, and I was willing to drive from Jacksonville Fl to there to get him to build me a trailer but when I called them they said they did not build trailers for bass boats any longer. No reason was given so that didn't work out. I found Ameritrail was my next best bet.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by Chopper; 06-26-2019 at 02:28 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I just bought a new aluminum trailer and had done a lot of research to find a quality trailer builder. This may be a long way for you to go to find a trailer but I found that Ameritrail made the best trailer I could find. A tad expensive but it had all the features I wanted and the quality of the work is second to none. It has torsion axles with disk brakes on all 4 wheels, and they use a bearing system that has no maintenance for 100,000 miles. They also use a channel aluminum rather than an I beam and it looks 100% better than an I beam trailer and is just as strong. They are located in St. Cloud Florida and can be found using a google search. I think my trailer cost around $7,200.00 with the options I wanted. (SST Hardware, tie downs and the huge roller up front was a little extra as I recall) My only complaint is the tires they put on the trailer wer not very good. I swapped them with the tires from my old trailer since they were pretty new.

There is a company in Mississippi called Sports Trail that makes one of the finest trailers made, even better than Ameriatrail, IMO, and I was willing to drive from Jacksonville Fl to there to get him to build me a trailer but when I called them they said they did not build trailers for bass boats any longer. No reason was given so that didn't work out. I found Ameritrail was my next best bet.

I hope this helps!
    I also used Ameritrail. I had them make a trailer for my TR 185 $ 3000.00 and like Chopper said they are great trailers
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

4. Member
    Have a ‘98 TR19. Just got my new Ameritrail trailer to replace the original mfi trailer. They are pricey but what an awesome trailer! Couldn’t be happier with my decision.