1995 xri 200 155 comp on 5, 95 on top right

I am lookin g into a purchase, I had a compression test done, it has 115 on all cyulinders except the top right has 95. Is there a common isue here, or just a couple things it could be. I know the best answer is removingf the head and checking the cyinder, just trying to get a ball park here.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

#1 compression low: Was it the FIRST or LAST cylinder tested? A weak battery is about the only "common" cause. Otherwise it's likely mechanical, and you'll need to investigate to see what caused the problem (gasket, ring, wrist pin clip, locating pin, lean-run, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor