Stock Aluminum Prop

I'm looking to buy an aluminum prop for some shallow river use. My 17TX came with a Vengeance 13X18" prop. My engine is a Mercury75HP 4S. Can someone with a RT178/17tx with this set up, tell me what prop and size came with their boat if they didn't opt for stainless steel.

-Thanks

2. Member
    FWIW Can' t help with size question. But I did get what I took for sage advice from my dealer when I went to replace my stock aluminum prop with stainless. If you are going to run shallow waters and are not concerned with absolute peak performance (tournament, pro fisher, etc.) to stick with aluminum. In particular, an aluminum prop is much less likely to destroy your lower unit if God-forbid you hit something really bad. As a bonus, they were able to repair my existing prop cheaply and I also purchased a new one both for about half the cost of a stainless prop. So now I carry the old prop as a spare. I also figure that when a salesperson is talking their way out from a much bigger profit, well …..

3. Banned

4. Banned
    Not an RT, but similar size and same engine. Mine came stock with a 17P Black Max aluminum prop.

5. Member
    Thanks bshort, this was exactly the info I was looking for.

6. Member
    Same here 17p black max came with my 75hp Mercury