Ultrex power switch question for John and others

I have several friends that have had the power switch go out. Is it worth ordering a spare to carry with me? I have a "Trolling motor" disconnect switch in the bilge that I have just been turning off and on instead of using the power switch on the petal in hopes of prolonging the life of the switch. Do you see any issues with that?

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

2. Member
    Rule #1. Always turn the source power switch/breaker off when you return from a trip and charge your batteries. It will avoid issues with the troll motor control board.

Yep, always do that for sure.....wondering if I should buy a replacement switch to just have on board incase it goes bad while out. Does anyone know how much they cost??
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Rule #1. Always turn the source power switch/breaker off when you return from a trip and charge your batteries. It will avoid issues with the troll motor control board.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Member
    Price isn't much and if you want to purchase one for satisfaction you can do that, but before you do, let me tell you how that switch work. It works by opening a circuit. There is two white wires connected to the switch. When in off, the circuit is closed and when on the circuit is open or broke. This means that if the switch goes bad, disconnecting one of the wires from the switch will turn the motor on.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

John....you are the MAN! When I get ready to buy one it will be from You
    Thank you Sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Price isn't much and if you want to purchase one for satisfaction you can do that, but before you do, let me tell you how that switch work. It works by opening a circuit. There is two white wires connected to the switch. When in off, the circuit is closed and when on the circuit is open or broke. This means that if the switch goes bad, disconnecting one of the wires from the switch will turn the motor on.
    John

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

6. Member
    Will the switch pop out of the housing, or do you have to access it by removing the bottom plate.
    I think one of the wires is loose. Thanks.
    Wes

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D Dad View Post
    Will the switch pop out of the housing, or do you have to access it by removing the bottom plate.
    I think one of the wires is loose. Thanks.
    You can pop it out from the top.

8. Member
    Got it. Thanks
    Wes