2003 225 HO starts and dies

I have a 2003 225HO that always started up and ran flawless without issue until recently. A few weeks ago on Amistad I was running about 25-30mph and with no signs of anything it just died. It would crank and fire up for a split second and die instantly. It kept doing the same, so I thought maybe fuel gauge was broke, filled tank and same issue. Occasionally it would start and idle normal but wouldn’t take throttle, and other times it would start up under throttle and idle up until you let off the throttle it would die. Got it home and looked it over and didn’t find much and out of no where it decided to start right up and go back to normal. It would rev up normal, shut off and start back up normal and everything, so naturally I decided to put it in the water and see how it ran. Got to the lake same thing, started up perfectly fine, got on plane and away she went got up to about 30-40mph and cruised for a minute and as soon as I started coming off plane to stop it died again and started acting up all over again. It will fire up and shut off instantly, it will occasionally start up and idle but that’s it. So does anyone have any experience with this issue or ideas of where to begin looking? My mechanic is a minimum of 2-3 weeks out on work so I don’t mind checking it out myself, definitely seems to be a fuel issue but after a short look over this motor I realized that doesn’t narrow down much cause everywhere you look there’s a hose labeled “fuel hose.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Any alarms...have you checked for any codes? The pdp is a known weak link on these engines....

3. Member
    No beeps out of the ordinary, the first beep and all lights light up and go off as usual. It’s just a frustrating deal knowing it’s gotta be something fairly simple since it’s already decided to clear up itself and run fine twice since it started acting up.

4. Member
    Good luck. If you post your complete model and serial number as recommended in the Stickies above there are some folks on here that can help you.

5. Member
    Updated to show model and s/n
    MODEL- E225FHLSTA
    s/n- 05023691

also does anyone know where I can get the lift pump assembly on short notice in Texas? Of course as I always do I managed to break something unnecessary.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Have you tried your local dealer?

7. Member
    Mechanic changed out oil pulser, crankshaft sensor and new fuel lift pump. From what he said the oil pulser was not “pulsing” I’m not by any means a boat mechanic and he was unable to get issue fixed but seemed to think it was something to do with the EMM. I recently picked the boat up to take to another mechanic that said he had the equipment to diagnose it but would not be able to actually work on it. Having a boat out of commission for almost 6 months is getting pretty rough, I’ve played entirely too much golf. If anyone has any insight or can help point me in the right direction on figuring this out I would greatly appreciate it. I live in south Texas and other than Amistad there isn’t any lakes for hours around here so boat mechanics are limited to basically none.

The fact that the problem comes and goes and happens after the engine warms up suggest that you are dealing with a cold solder joint which occurs in the PDP ( Power Distribution Panel). They can be repaired by DFI technologiec, Inc https://www.dfitechnologies.com/ and other s. You can call DFI and discuss the problem with them.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2