Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I have one of those spoons with proper rod to throw it. No way I could throw it for days like him. He gambled and came close to victory. I don’t feel like he lost it on the last day either. It was a couple mob of days throwing a bait with a 50/50 hook up ratio.

2. Banned
    And guys finally see why BASS was promoting him so much early one, he’s a great role model.

Not a fan at all of Zaldain but I feel for anyone that loses that way. Hate to see anyone lose big fish late.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Not a fan at all of Zaldain but I feel for anyone that loses that way. Hate to see anyone lose big fish late.

Oh, is he too cordial for you?

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Oh, is he too cordial for you?
    Nope. Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    Where has he been hiding all these years?

He has been consistent prior to this year. Cashes a lot of checks, been high in AOY points and has 1 Elite win so far.

7. Member
    Had he ended up catching a fish and was late to weigh in, what would the penalty have been?

8. Member
    1 pound per minute. After 15 minutes total bag dq

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Had he ended up catching a fish and was late to weigh in, what would the penalty have been?

A pound per minute late I believe.

10. Member
    I don't mean to derail this thread with talk of his wife, but I think that's why he is hated on by many is because of her. I don't think thats really fair to him because he seems like a super cool nice dude, and damn can he fish! That 10 minutes was awesome and painful all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    I don't mean to derail this thread with talk of his wife, but I think that's why he is hated on by many is because of her. I don't think thats really fair to him because he seems like a super cool nice dude, and damn can he fish! That 10 minutes was awesome and painful all at the same time.
    The hate/dislike of Trait by some is just crazy. Its 2019, women are allowed to fish and have an opinion. Rather than just disagree with her and move on many choose to make it personal. I will never understand that at all. Its oK to disagree without it being so damn personal.

i like him, heart-breaking finish,but his day is coming
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

13. Member
    Wow that was an amazing video. That kid asking first question about the spoon was awesome. Live by the sword die by the sword, that’s was BASS (and flw) is all about, and what makes it awesome.

14. Member
    He is a class act on and off the water. He is a blast to watch fish because no one give you the play by play better than he does. You can tell he loves what he does, and he loves the sport and does his best to give back. He wears it on his sleeve, love watching him fish. Dude throws some monster stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    That spoon he was using was GIGANTIC!!!!!!!!!
    If you fish the Tennessee river much you got a couple of those in your boat and what he said was true about how they fall...I've got a box full of nothing but spoons from the Strike King 6 inchers up to the big Ben Parker spoons...takes some dedication to fish one of those things all day too..

Good to see Zaldain and some of these guys show what they're really made of..he could've just as easily shrugged that kid off right there and been ok with it after all that...show real character..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

16. Member
    Pro bass fishing just needs a good villain like other professional sports. “Get out of here you little ***** can’t you see I just lost $100,000”!

17. triton
    I LIKE HIM !!!!!!!!!!

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

Was a cool video, shame it did not become a win.

One take I thought, that spoon.... and some worry about the scales on their jerkbsits being perfect.....it was nothing but a slab of metal! Looked like a Salomon Dodger.

19. Member
    Nice guy, it would hve been hard to put a smile on. Why does people dislike his wife? Serious question.

20. Member
    We throw those giant spoons a lot, and I don't know if there is a more fun way to catch a fish. The bite is just unreal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast