Lowrance Sonar Mapping, Genesis???

I am currently running a Live 12 at bow and a Gen 3 12 at console and feel pretty comfortable with my general Lowrance skills as I have learned a lot on here from all! I want to go to the next level and start to create better maps on my home lake in hopes to long term improve my fishing capabilities and knowledge of my lake. With all that said, I really do not know where to start or which route to go that makes the most since? I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere on BBC before, any assistance?
    Thanks

2. Member
    This is a pretty straight forward process. Your first step is to get your C-Mao genesis account (either the FREE or the $99 per year). If you get the $99 style you can keep all your logs private and not on the Social Map.
    Second thing to do is get a MicroSD card and put it into your MFD.
    Third... go to your lake.
    Fourth....launch the boat.
    Fifth.....from the Control menu, press the 'Log Sonar' button, follow the on page instructions, and make sure to select your memory card location for the 'SAVE TO' location.
    Sixth....Limit the size of your recordings to about 500 meg, stop and restart the logging process.
    Seventh...upload all your sonar logs to the C-Map Genesis website vis your user dashboard.
    When you get notified your logs have been processed, you can create your map, upload to your SD card and go back to the lake to see how you did.

3. Member
    Thank You Edd! That is very simple and informative! I will set up an account today and get started!

With the latest software updates on your Carbon and Gen 3, you'll have Genesis Live mapping.

Simply insert any blank microSD card less than 32GB into both of your units, and you're good to go. On your sonar page, go to your menu and select overlay Genesis Live and you're creating a detailed map as you drive/fish. It builds an incredibly accurate 1' contour map of your fishing spots really quickly.

It's an awesome mapping tool, but it's even better if you combine it with the Genesis Maps and recording your sonar data like was posted above.

Waxy