How do you use and update waypoints

On my regular lake, I have about 5 spots I regularly check for fish. See them and mark the spot. Well over time you end up with several waypoints in same general area. Most are marking a school that day. I'm relatively new to this style. I'll occasionally use a tree symbol for brush piles. I like to use blue X to mark regular generic spot. My bad habit is using the blue circle to mark fish that day. But that means I need to keep up to date with deleting 'daily' spots within the spot. I don't, thus I have herds of blue dots. Be cool to have option to choose waypoint erases when powered off.

I'd love to hear some more efficient ways of using, collecting, keeping current waypoints.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    On my regular lake, I have about 5 spots I regularly check for fish. See them and mark the spot. Well over time you end up with several waypoints in same general area. Most are marking a school that day. I'm relatively new to this style. I'll occasionally use a tree symbol for brush piles. I like to use blue X to mark regular generic spot. My bad habit is using the blue circle to mark fish that day. But that means I need to keep up to date with deleting 'daily' spots within the spot. I don't, thus I have herds of blue dots. Be cool to have option to choose waypoint erases when powered off.
    I'd love to hear some more efficient ways of using, collecting, keeping current waypoints.
    I use the blue dot for brush piles only and have never erased one. I use the little red fish symbol for baitfish pods and fish schools and erase them at the end of the day. I use the delete option for “delete this symbol” and select the little red fish symbol.
    This works well for me but I wish there was a way to make the little red fish symbol larger.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    I mark brush piles with the tree. I mark generic stuff with the blue dots. Ie. Humps, rock piles, man made stuff. I use the X's to mark spots I use to fish a hump from or a brush pile from. I use a green fish to mark fish I am trying to catch and a red fish to mark schools of fish. I know that I can delete and green or red fish on my map and never miss it. Any other symbol i know is a keeper. If I catch a fish I have marked and there aren't others I change the green fish to a skull and cross bones and leave it and I will check that same spot next time I am fishing. It is amazing how many times fish relate to something that we cant see on our graph. I find alot of fish in the same spots I catch them at another day when drop shotting. Also if I catch a fish on a waypoint and it is not a typical spot I fish I change the name of the waypoint to the date and bait I used so I can know what I used and when the last time. I honestly think the majority of us only scratch the surface of what our electronics can actually do.
    2020 Caymas CX20

4. Member
    I can't see the fish symbols. Good tips already.

So you can delete all waypoints of same symbol in 1 swipe?

Also, great idea naming waypoint with date and bait.

5. Member
    I use the delete by symbol as well. Just pick sometime works for you. I use the fish symbols for anything I want to keep and the blue dot as temps that get deleted. The diver down flag? can be seen easily in bright light so I use it to mark stumps either above or just below the water line.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching