Tableau users / developers

Any users or developers of Tableau out there ? Ive been tasked with learning it and am curious if any others here are familiar. If so how did you go about learning it.

2. Member
    Not a direct user; I manage Analytics for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. There are good youtube videos out there and Tableau has online on-demand and virtual classroom training that your firm can pay for you to take. Desktop I: Fundamentals, Intermediate, and Advanced; Prep I, Visual Analytics, and courses around Server admin if warranted. As with most of the training, never hurts to use free training and that's where youtube comes in. Of course, more prescriptive training is courseware.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toadhead View Post
    Not a direct user; I manage Analytics for Hewlett Packard Enterprise. There are good youtube videos out there and Tableau has online on-demand and virtual classroom training that your firm can pay for you to take. Desktop I: Fundamentals, Intermediate, and Advanced; Prep I, Visual Analytics, and courses around Server admin if warranted. As with most of the training, never hurts to use free training and that's where youtube comes in. Of course, more prescriptive training is courseware.
    Yeah ive basically been learning via youtube. Its pretty user friendly but im sure I only know 1/1000000000th of what it can really do. Of course my company wont pay for training lol. They didnt even want to pay for the license and this is a very profitable fortune 100 company.