Lowrance x135 bow mounted on bracket no power

Okay, be gentle. I am just learning about this boat, although had it since 2006. FS190. Only has 50hrs on motor so you can see I have not been out much. Getting back into fishing and using it. Not sure if x135 is bad or something else. Searching this forum I thought it may be a fuse, but can not find a fuse anywhere. First place I checked was the main battery and there is only 2 fuses, 1 labeled bilge pump 5A fuse and one that looks like the main with a 20A fuse. Looked under the dash and did find a fuse holder labeled "memory"(not sure what that is) that was blown and replaced the 3A fuse. I know the x135 is ancient compared to what most of you guys have now but all I want is a basic unit up front that mainly gives me depth. Any help will be much appreciated. The one mounted in the dash, l51 I thinks works great.

Check the power cord for the unit. If you follow it to where it is connected to the boat power, probably behind the panel near where it's mounted since the power cord for the unit is only a couple of feet long, there should be an inline fuse for the unit itself. Check that, it may be your issue.

3. Member
    Thanks Jason, I did remove the panel where a flush mounted one can be installed, dropped all the nuts inside the boat hull , what a chore to retrieve them, ha ha, then looked for a fuse but did not see one, maybe I should look better. has to be one somewhere right? I will look harder, longer. Any idea what the "memory" is in relation to the boat?

4. Member
    Check that it is not wired through an accessory switch on the dash.

5. Member
    I will check that to drfish. Would that accessory have a separate fuse? Probably. Wish i was a little, no much more boat savvy.

6. Member

Found these loose wires when searching for fuse, never found fuse. Anyone know what the red wire on the left goes to. Should I wire it with the one on the right which did power up the x135 when connected.

they both look like power wires for something. Trace them to see where they go, but good chance when properly hooked up that you'll have power.

8. Member
    I am thinking the red one on the left may not be used. I have power to the finder with the other connection. Thinking also both red wires may have been butt connected together. Thanks for your reply. I am learning.

9. Member
    One red wire is the hot feed and the other two are the power side to what ever your running power too so one would have 12 volts and two would have no power until they are connected to the hot feed. If you don't have a multi tester get one it saves a lot of time. There is a sticky post at the top of this board that's titled "Some helpful sites" and your wiring diagram is in it.
    Last edited by mdtritn21; 06-27-2019 at 10:39 AM.

That is showing two different power cords, it appears that one of them has been abandoned. You have determined that the other goes to the X135 when you hook it up that you put the inline fuse at that point!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2