The Tackle Trap and Megabass Rods

Another testimony for the Tackle Trap and Megabass rods. I snapped a Perfect Pitch rod a month or two ago setting the hook as I was pitchin' blow downs. The rod was about three years old but I had no idea where the receipt was. I called Gary at the Tackle Trap and told him when I "thought" I had purchased the rod. Gary looked it up and found when I had bought it. He called the young lady at Megabass USA (I can't remember her name but she was a pleasure to work with) and he told her when I bought the rod. She put the warranty request through without a receipt along with my payment of $120 and I received a brand new Perfect Pitch within a week. That doesn't happen often these days. I know as a business owner we are in business to make money but the way you treat people is what separates us from our competition. Brian and Gary enjoy talking with their customers as much as they like making a buck!

2. Member
    Good to know. It's refreshing having great customer service.
    2006 Skeeter ZX225

3. Member
    Also proves why you should buy new vs used. Used MB rod purchases have no warranty coverage. Glad it all worked out!

The Tackle Trap are a GREAT MB dealer. Exceptional customer service and just good people. They area true resource on MB products as well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    Also proves why you should buy new vs used. Used MB rod purchases have no warranty coverage. Glad it all worked out!
    Used MB rods have no coverage at all?
    Cheese County Bass Club

Thank you Jay, appreciate the kind words. The staff at The Tackle Trap works very hard to take good care of its friends and customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    Correct - Megabass of America rod warranty is good only to the original owner, purchased new from an authorized Megabass of America dealer. They check up on it too.

Megabass of America Rod Warranty Page

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Thank you Jay, appreciate the kind words. The staff at The Tackle Trap works very hard to take good care of its friends and customers.

Correct - Megabass of America rod warranty is good only to the original owner, purchased new from an authorized Megabass of America dealer. They check up on it too.

Megabass of America Rod Warranty Page
    Good to know, thanks
    Cheese County Bass Club

8. Member
    Kudos to Tackle Trap! As always. very knowledgeable and helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Umckibben View Post
    Nope...and that's why I would never pay next to new prices on a used MB rod.

10. Member
    TT made me a crazy cranker Zillion....smoothest reel I own. All my reels will be serviced by them as a result. I'm on fish though, so that's gonna have to wait!