Vessel View for 200 v8

2019 200 V8 4S
    Serial # 2B591168

I bought the vessel view mobile for my 200 V8. I know it is supposed to be an easy plug and play. There should be some type of terminator resistor on the engine connector. For the Opti, it was yellow, but for the new 4S, apparently it is supposed to be red. I don't see any kind of removable terminator resistor at all. I know the connector on the module should plug into the engine cable on the far left of the first pic, but the terminator resistor that is supposed to come off of that is then supposed to go into the small pig tail. In the second pic you can see some type of purple cap on the small pigtail. I don't want to start making connections without some advice.

v8.jpgPIG TAIL.jpg
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

2. Member
    In your 2nd picture, the plug on the right, remove the cap. Here is a link to what Mercury sent me about the install on the new 4 strokes. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=989640 Mercury called it a "weather cap" in the instructions I posted in the link.

3. Member
    Thanks. I saw your post when I did a search yesterday. But if I remove that weather cap, it is supposed to be replaced with a red terminator resistor from the engine connector which is absent on mine.

Update:
    Just spoke to Mercury. There should be a resistor on the engine connector for sure (They must have built my engine on a Friday ). It is necessary to remove it and place it on the pigtail for proper communication. Mercury dealer has one on the way for me.
    Last edited by catdude28; 06-25-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Contact your rigging/selling dealer. The Terminating resistor is missing from your engine's harness.

Or simply order a replacement (Rhonda keeps them in stock- see her post, pinned at the top of the Forum for contact info).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor