Merc monitor alarms

Installed a level 1 Merc Monitor for a 2010 200 hp Optimax. Set up tank 1 as the fuel tank and tank 2 deferred to the oil tank. I am getting an alarm that both the fuel and oil tank are empty. Did I miss something in the setup or do I need an additional external guage in the fuel and oil tank? Thanks.
    Jeff

2. Member
    Did you install the fuel/oil harness, and an oil level sensor in the remote oil tank?

3. Member
    That would be a negative. Its has been over a year since I purchased it. If I remember correctly, I chose not to buy the fuel/oil harness. If I am reading the manual correctly, I can turn off those functions which should eliminate the alarms. Thanks for the response.
    Jeff

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Settings-Tanks- Set BOTH tanks to "Not Installed".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor