Ultrex on a 2000 Tr 19

Going tomorrow to pick up a new ultrex to mount on my 2000 Tr19. Has anyone installed one on this year and model of Triton? I had a motorguide and the mount hung off the front quite a bit (I’ve actually had it hit the roller on the winch post when unloading on a steep launch) and by what I’m reading in the ultrex manual they shouldn’t be mounted like that. I’d just like to see some pics and maybe get some tips from anyone who has done this before. The black flies and mosquitoes are pretty thick here right now so I’d like to have as much knowledge as possible before I go outside to donate my blood to them . Thanks very much.

2. Member
    Should be easy peasy -- mounting holes may be different from motorguide to minn kota. You'll need a 1/4" to 1/2" shim to clear the black moulding surrounding the front console panel. This would be a great time to purchase a wedge too!

As far as sticking out, mine sticks out enough for the "ramp" to guard my the bow/trolling motor from impacts.

Are you sticking to 80v or going 112?

3. Member
    I have a 2001 TR19 and will be mounting mine tomorrow. I had to build wedge for mine to make it level. Minn kota does not have an adjustment like MotorGuide. I built mine out of a treated 2x8. I cut it to 21 1/4" long x 6" wide. Then I cut it with a band saw to make it full height in the front to 1/8 " in the back to make my wedge. I needed 1.5" in he front to make it level. You will also need to change your 50 amp circuit breakers to 60 amp circuit breakers also. Hope this helps.

4. Member
    I stuck with an 80lb. My tourney partners boat has a 112 and we use his boat for most tournaments. I made wedges for mine to clear the moulding using 1/2” PTFE sheet. Cut them the same size as the mount and it’s white so it blends in with the top cap of my boat so you hardly notice it. When you take the side plate off the ultrex mount there is extra holes there that line up with the motorguide holes so no need to drill. I took my time and laid everything out a couple times to make sure that it wasn’t hanging out to far and that I had lots of clearance at the bow. After that it was a pretty simple install and the set up was easy to. Used it quite a bit this weekend and worked awesome and I’m very happy with it. Should have made the switch long ago.