HDS12 gen 2 Touch at bow lost source?

I have a HDS 12 gen 2 touch at the bow networked to HDS9’s at the console. I can change the source on the bow to ss3d diver and all works. If I leave it as “this unit” which it to the Hedi transducer on the trolling motor I have nothing on downscan or 2d. Any ideas?

2. Member
    1. Is this a new problem? Did it work before or has it never worked?
    2. Have you selected the correct transducer on the HDS where the HDI is plugged in?
    3. The HDI is plugged in the blue port on your HDS?
    4. If all else fails, switch your units around so you can test the 9, just rember to re-select transducers under Sonar-Installation. The point beeing to see if the problem is with the unit or the transducer.

3. Member
    Thanks I will try to answer the questions in order...
    1. This is a new problem that just started and everything worked fine before. Even had no issues switching between sources as I would sometimes want to see sidescan from the front.
    2. I believe so as I would normally select "this unit" the bow HDS 12 where the HDI transducer is plugged in.
    3. Yes plugged into blue port
    4. I can try to swap units to test.

Is there anyway to test if it is working with it not in the water? I think I know the answer but thought I would ask as I won't be back to the lake till Friday and have a tournament on Sat.

4. Member
    Selected HDI in the installation menu? Under the Data Sources menu on the Sonar tab, what are the available sources?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Go to setting.....Sonar.....installation....Transducer type.....Select your transducer (HDI..)…..Then "SAVE".

Attached Images Attached Images
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax