Eagle Claw 730 6/0 Jig Mold

I came across a deal on 3 boxes of Eagle Claw 730 6/0 hooks at a swap shop that appear to have been packaged in 1986! I have approximately 3000 of these bad boys. I found these molds on the Hilts site http://www.hiltsmolds.com/ArkyFlippinJigMolds.htm Most of the 730 do it molds only hold 5/0 max. Will the 6/0 work in the 5/0 gap?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I don't know about Hilts molds but most Do-it molds will take a hook 1 size larger than what is listed. The Do-it 60 degree Arky mold that uses the 730 hook in a 5/0 should accomodate the 6/0. Are those 730 hooks bronze or the black platinum version? I'm asking because I wasn't aware that EC made that hook in a size larger than a 5/0 until sometime after the year 2000 but I could be wrong but I haven't ever come across and older 730 hooks any larger than a 5/0. Anyway, you can always contact Barlow's tackle and ask them if the 730BP in 6/0 will fit the 1/2oz cavity of the 60 degree arky mold not to be confused with the Trokar Arky mold which I think is superior but that is just me. You may have trouble getting a Hilts mold as I know some guys haven't been able to get a response from the company and as I said, I know most Do-it molds will take a size larger or smaller hook than what the cavity calls for so I'd be willing to bet the old 60 degree Arky mold from Do-it will take that 6/0 hook but Barlow's will be able to tell you for sure.

3. Member
    Thanks for all the information! They bronze hooks. 20190624_160319.jpg

Here is a pic of the date that is on the boxes. I couldn't believe they were over 30 years old!
    Attached Images Attached Images