Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just because a boat "pops up on plane" doesn't make it a fast boat. My Tracker 1860 with a 50hp planes in zero seconds with a blistering top speed of 30mph.

It's all about the weight of the boat, motor and fishing junk X how much HP on the back. Pad or flat bottom doesn't matter. Ever see a flat bottom drag boat?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 08-12-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Wow is this a Vexus boat page or a let's rip on Vexus page? Pretty sure Vexus is not going to change their HP ratings. It is what it is, guess the guys complaining about being under powered are shit out of luck and will never own a Vexus. So sad. Time to look for the perfect boat for you. Vexus isn't it. Oh well, they will still do just fine without your contributions.
    Last edited by tghtlines; 08-12-2019 at 02:38 PM.

3. Member
    As I said my dad is an owner, I'm not gonna blow smoke up people Yahoo, it is the finest fit and finish tin rig ever to this point, its layout is nice, it rides great but I wil lb add it rides just a tad better than the xpress hyperlift hull and the same as a 198p hull so we can stop acting like there is nothing comaparable , only complaints are boat sits bow high, it does catch wind worse then others like the 198p or some of the xpress models, the deck is nice and big, but there is not as much usable space as the let's say the crestliner pt's or the 198p, the other and biggest complaint is it is underpowered by 50hp easy, I personally say the boat should have a 175 at minimum, I get putting a 150 on it for those guys that are looking for an affordable package but to not have the option to upgrade that's no bueno, the whole avx lineup is 25-50hp underrated imo, literally the slowest of all comparable pad hull tin rigs and slower than some mod v's #facts no sugar coating

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggcnash View Post
    As I said my dad is an owner, I'm not gonna blow smoke up people Yahoo, it is the finest fit and finish tin rig ever to this point, its layout is nice, it rides great but I wil lb add it rides just a tad better than the xpress hyperlift hull and the same as a 198p hull so we can stop acting like there is nothing comaparable , only complaints are boat sits bow high, it does catch wind worse then others like the 198p or some of the xpress models, the deck is nice and big, but there is not as much usable space as the let's say the crestliner pt's or the 198p, the other and biggest complaint is it is underpowered by 50hp easy, I personally say the boat should have a 175 at minimum, I get putting a 150 on it for those guys that are looking for an affordable package but to not have the option to upgrade that's no bueno, the whole avx lineup is 25-50hp underrated imo, literally the slowest of all comparable pad hull tin rigs and slower than some mod v's #facts no sugar coating
    My 1880 sits flat as a pancake, so I don't know why the 1980 would sit bow high considering it's only a foot longer, not sure about how much more weight the 150 is compared to my 135. I don't know if your dads has a Jackplate, but some tinkering might help, but then again, I did not buy mine to race with. The only reason I went for the 135 over the 115, is fishing big water and having the ability to get through it or get out of it with the extra power.
    I don't know the reasoning behind Vexus decision on not bringing the 140 G2 on the 1880, maybe we can get the question answered, maybe not, could be bean counter or a liability issue.

Ggcncash - 6 months ago I would have agreed with you on the 198. You couldn't have convinced me otherwise that there was something better out there. My 198 left on Friday to its new home after 2 years. That is all the negative I will say as I was very happy with that boat and the overall company for many years. But the fact is, there is difference with the performance. There is a changing of the guard at the top and it will make all boat companies up their game, which is huge benefit to the consumer. I am sure there are other owners who have left glass boats or top end tin boats for a Vexus and have no regrets. It is just a fact. So, I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

6. Member
    Guntucky I will agree the 1880 with the 135 is probably the best buy on the avx lineup, that said I've seen some new ones with the 135, but if you look on vexus website they are not even offering the 135 anymore maybe a dealer can order, but it seems they dont even want people using the 135 weird. From what I've seen on videos the 135 on the 1880 is close to the same performance as the 150 on the 1980, may be why no mention on there website ��*♂️.
    Tghtlines, I disagree with you on the performance difference with the 198p and the vexus 1980 tbh they are a close match imo, especially in ride quality, speed, and comfort. I will say the vexus fit and finish is top notch And is ahead in that category but I do like the layout of the 198 as well haven't fished from the 198 as much as the vexus but the limited amount of time I did it's a nice layout.
    Last edited by Ggcnash; 08-13-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Guntucky I will agree the 1880 with the 135 is probably the best buy on the avx lineup, that said I've seen some new ones with the 135, but if you look on vexus website they are not even offering the 135 anymore maybe a dealer can order, but it seems they dont even want people using the 135 weird. From what I've seen on videos the 135 on the 1880 is close to the same performance as the 150 on the 1980, may be why no mention on there website ��*♂️.
    Tghtlines, I disagree with you on the performance difference with the 198p and the vexus 1980 tbh they are a close match imo, especially in ride quality, speed, and comfort. I will say the vexus fit and finish is top notch And is ahead in that category but I do like the layout of the 198 as well haven't fished from the 198 as much as the vexus but the limited amount of time I did it's a nice layout.

I don't think Evinrude offers the 135 any more with the 140 launch, so in turn Vexus cannot offer it. Bum deal for new buyers. The 115 G2 should be a good setup though. Will definitely benefit the early buyers that got the 135 option when/if they decide to sell or upgrade.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

8. Member
    I'll also add something weird I noticed, there was a dealer run a 1880 with a 135 and jp he topped out at 58mph, I thought dam that's pretty sweet considering all I've ever been able to get out of the 1980 with g2 and no load is 61, I figured well with a little critiquing that 1880 could run 61 as well, then researching the 135, it's basically has same power as 150 down low and midrange, I'm interested to know what an 1880 with 135 and JP will run loaded with coangler the 1980 is 55. Anyways back to the weird point the video was taken down? For what? Then noticed they removed the 135 as an option on their website ��*♂️.

9. Member
    Well pineville La dealership has 2020 models on floor with 135etec, and the motor is still listed on evinrude website and can still be bought new? So..

10. Member
    And the 115g2 being better than 135 in performance is impossible, they can only sway 10% so max hp from the new g2 ho will be roughly 126hp the 135 ho etec, is 148hp no replacement for HP buddy
    Last edited by Ggcnash; 08-13-2019 at 12:58 PM.

And the 115g2 being better than 135 in performance is impossible, they can only sway 10% so max hp from the new g2 ho will be roughly 126hp the 135 ho etec, is 148hp no replacement for displacement buddy
    Never said the 115 would perform the same as the 135. Or even referenced that it was comparable. The 135 HO would eat up the 115. But.....a lot of guys are buying with the 115 so the G2 will be a popular option.

12. Member
    Jonesslk ��, another cool thing about the 135ho is there are tuner kits that claim 10% more on top, and dynoed them at 163hp after kit!
    Also would like to see someone with a 2080 /sho 200, and do the ecm tune to a 250 or 300, now I bet that would rock on that boat, saw some videos of an x19 with 200 sho tuned to a 300, run 88mph, not that I would want to go that fast, but dam I bet that holeshot is actually a little scary, and just imagine not being close to maxed out running 65- 70mph loaded with coangler easily in a tin rig

13. Member
    That supposed to be a thumps up Jones

14. Member
    Jonesslk ��, another cool thing about the 135ho is there are tuner kits that claim 10% more on top, and dynoed them at 163hp after kit!
    Also would like to see someone with a 2080 /sho 200, and do the ecm tune to a 250 or 300, now I bet that would rock on that boat, saw some videos of an x19 with 200 sho tuned to a 300, run 88mph, not that I would want to go that fast, but dam I bet that holeshot is actually a little scary, and just imagine not being close to maxed out running 65- 70mph loaded with coangler easily in a tin rig
    The main reason I went with the 1880 and the Rude was $$$. I started out with the 1980 as a no brainer until I built both boats on the site. Knowing that I was really only 2-4 hp under the Merc 150 and 1 foot shorter, the price of my builds were almost 10k difference between the 2. I needed plenty of storage, did not need 2 rod lockers, and for a cooler I use one of the boxes in the back, and it works really well, so I had to decide whether that extra foot was worth that kind of money....t was not IMO, so I took a chunk of the difference and added box lights, blue light around the gunnel front and back and some darn nice screens besides the 2 7's that came with it, and still saved a few thousand in the end. Vexus did send me 2 hats, a XL shirt, a LP for the front of my truck , and a raised silver Vexus letter sticker. In the end I got quite a bang for my buck, and a great boat.

15. Member
    What tuner kit is this you speak of. I have looked for them with no luck.
    Thanks

Heard Rude is going to keep making the 135 for now. It is listed again as an option on the build page.

17. Member
    Hydro tec, simon motorsports all offer tune kits for the sho to go from a 200 to a 350! They also offer smaller tuner kits for other brands

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12