Wayne State (Detroit ) Fishing?

My son is possibly going to attend Wayne State. We are from Illinois so don't know the area. How is the fishing by the campus as a student with no boat? How is the fishing for a dad who could bring a boat when I come up to watch his baseball games?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    My son is possibly going to attend Wayne State. We are from Illinois so don't know the area. How is the fishing by the campus as a student with no boat? How is the fishing for a dad who could bring a boat when I come up to watch his baseball games?
    I am pretty sure Wayne State has a college fishing team.....Fishing is great in the area with Lake Erie and Lake St clair close along with a bunch of inland lakes, rivers and streams...I am surprised on how well the guys are doing from shore this year fishing the Detroit River and St Clair river for Walleyes.. ..I follow a couple sites on facebook and they are getting limits without ever leaving shore..The metro parks all have good fishing also..
    As far as Dad goes.......Lake St Clair and Erie...They pretty much speak for themselves...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

3. Member
    If he has transportation the opportunities are limitless. If he is on a bike, its about 2.5 miles to river, but I would head to Belle Isle and beat the banks there.

4. Member
    He has a truck and can travel but was really hoping to find a few good places close to the university. I have seen some video on Belle Isle looks like you can catch about anything there.

5. Member
    too many places to list within a 45 min drive.... We cant go 5 miles in any direction around here with out hitting some kind of body water.