2019 VS1670SC Problems

I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same issues or this many issues with their Ranger. This is my first boat and made the choice of getting a Ranger because I thought I was buying from a company know for quality. I know nothing is going to be built perfect, but it sure does feel like they rushed to build my boat and cut corners. Hopefully I get some feedback from you guys on weather you've had the same issues and how did they got fixed. The boat is already going back at the end of fall to fix some of my issues, but it seems like I keep finding more and had cause me to really go over my boat very closely since I now feel I didn't get the boat I paid for. Not looking to bad mouth Ranger, but my first experience with them hasn't been good so far. Hoping all my issues get fixed with the boat goes back, but only received notice on half of my issues.

1. Rips in vinyl flooring (getting fixed)
    2. Driver seat not centered with console not allowing lid of center floor storage to be opened completely without removing seat. (getting fixed)
    3. Rips and bubbles in decals (getting fixed)
    4. Missing passenger side cup holder (getting fixed)
    5. Missing rod straps/bungees (dealership mailed a set for me to install)
    6. Both livewell are the same size when one should be 12 gallons (bait/livewell) and the other should be 29 gallons according to the website
    7. One livewell won't drain completely (with dealer being looked at)
    8. Other livewell won't fill (with dealer being looked at)
    9. Water entering bilge possibly from livewell that doesn't fill (with dealer being looked at)
    10. Auto bilge pump should be standard, but got a manual bilge instead
    11. Two livewell system doesn't seem to have two separate intakes and/or drains like shown on website pictures. Not sure if drain hole for one livewell is also the intake or both livewells sharing the same intake.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Just want to get back on the water and fish!

2019 Ranger VS1670 SC
    Mercury 75HP 4 Stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 80lbs
    2 Humminbird Helix GN3

2. Member
    Sucks buddy! Must not have been built one at a time. THats alot of issues for a boat to leave a factory or dealership.

3. Member
    Thanks and I agree, not sure what happened. Just hoping it all gets resolved.

4. Member
    Wow, that is too many things wrong for it to leave the factory like that. I mean, not just a faulty valve etc, but wrong size live wells, missing cup holder, etc? I'd be sorely disappointed, hopefully your dealer will get you taken care of.

5. Member
    So a quick update on my situation since I just got a call back from my dealership ...

6. Website doesn't not have the correct info listed for the livewell sizes. Both livewells should be 12 gallons.
    7. Apparently the baitwell will drain if the plug is in and you get the boat on plane. Dealership is going to explain and show me this when I pick up the boat.
    8. Dealership fixed small leaks in the line leading to this livewell and now is filling properly.
    9. Small leaks in livewell line, drain plug and livewell overflow line possible kinked causing livewell to overflow to deck are all reason water was getting into bilge. Dealership fixed leaks and awaiting to hear back from Ranger about the overflow line and how that could be fixed.
    10. Auto bilge pump listed as standard is another typo on Ranger's website. Dealership is going to install one for peace of mind weather Ranger pays for it or not.
    11. There's only one standard livewell and the other is consider a baitwell so livewell intake and drain out the transom is shared. Baitwell has a separate intake and drain hole. So I learned something new with this one.

I have to say the dealership I'm dealing with is awesome and doing their best to get this all corrected for me. If you are ever in the market for a boat and you are in the PA, DE or NJ area then Bower's Marine is the place. Doug there has been nothing but helpful and talking to everyone he can at Ranger to get my problems worked out.