Question Attn Motorguide Gods. Question about electrical problem :(

Hi.

I have an older 82lb 24V MotorGuide Digital Tour. Serial: 9B655880; Part No: 9BT52GCAF

Yesterday something happened and now the trolling motor stays on all the time at 100% power. I was using it during a normal low RPM run for only a few minutes and then it stopped working. I knew my batteries couldn't have suddenly died since they are both pretty new and were fully charged. I thought 'what the heck' and turned the variable speed dial on the side of the pedal, stepped on the pedals on/off switch but nothing. I flipped the switch at the top of the pedal that is for constant on or for using the pedals on/off and nothing. I unplugged the power and plugged it back in and WHAM! 100% throttle and no way to adjust speed or turn the unit off. So I had to unplug it.

Anyone with experience in this area think which part has gone bad that I have to replace? I was guessing the potentiometer assembly? I don't think the switch at the top that controls constant on or allowing the on/off of the foot pedal is bad and I don't think the variable speed controller is bad because both do nothing now.

Thank you!
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

2. Member
    Digital board is my guess........Mr. Jones will have the best advice on this. You could call him and maybe he can ship you part.

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. Is the digital board in the head unit of the motor? I don't recall seeing anything like that when looking at the wiring under the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    Digital board is my guess........Mr. Jones will have the best advice on this. You could call him and maybe he can ship you part.
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

4. Member
    The digital board is in the lower unit, and yes, that sounds like the way a trolling motor reacts when the module (aka digital board) goes bad. We keep them in stock and you can call us at 870 773 3474.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Thank you John.