Thread: A little slick

A little slick

I've had to have some work done on my boat's trim, it's been in and out of the shop a couple of times this year. It had a busted seal and was leaking hydraulic fluid. I notice that when I put it in the water, I'm leaving a small slick behind me for the first few minutes. It's got a bluish sheen to it.

When I have the boat parked in my driveway, I don't notice any spots on the pavement that would indicate a serious fluid leak of any kind. Could this be the blue grease the mechanic put on all the moving parts?

Starting to wonder if I need a new mechanic, guy seems good and honest otherwise.

Does this happen ALL the time, or just once or twice ? Could be grease, oil or gas. I'd look the motor and transom over for visible areas, then take it to a Car Wash, spray it down real good with Dawn dish washing liquid, brush it around, then spray it off with water. It could be just residue from your leak, but could also be something loose or cracked in the fuel line or on the motor too.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Great suggestion
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------