Shout out to Gary and The Tackle Trap

By this point I think everyone who is a regular on these boards knows how highly thought of The Tackle Trap is. I had my first experience with them recently and wanted to add yet another positive review for them. I have been looking for a new rod for pitching lighter t-rigs and weightless senko's and fat ika's. Gary sent me his recommendation for a rod he felt would do an excellent job. It was a Daiwa Steez AGS 7'1" MH with an extra-fast tip. I was hesitant to get the rod because I have had two other rods in the past with extra fast tips that I did not like...I was also hesitant because of the price, since I've never spent that much for a rod before. However, Gary seemed very confident that I would love the rod...so much so that he gave me an awesome deal on the rod. I pulled the trigger and even though I only have had the rod out once for about 4 hours this weekend, I am very confident that this is the rod I've been searching for. I've never had a rod that made it so easy to pitch accurately with. I was able to keep my bait low to the water and land it very softly. I plan to post a review of the rod at some point because I couldn't find a decent review of the rod online and I think more people should check out this rod, but I want to wait until after I've had more time on the water with it. This post is more of a thank you to Gary and The Tackle Trap for being very knowledgeable about what they sell as well as going above and beyond to answer questions and be more than competitive with their pricing. I will definitely be looking to them for future purchases and reel cleaning and maintenance (I've heard they do an outstanding job at that too!).

2. Member
    The guys at The Tackle Trap are CHAMPS!

3. Member
    to TTT and on your new rod.

Good bunch of guys

5. Member
    The original Garebear

Thank you! I'm sure you will enjoy that Steez AGS rod, and probably a few more in the future! They are a huge step up in sensitivity from the previous generation Steez rods in my hands. They're world class without a doubt.