Thumbs Up Neat little upgrade to the 196

I just did a "cool" little upgrade to the ol' girl. I took all the old PC161 bulbs (white) out of the gauges and replaced them with red LEDs and new bases. Pretty cool look when the outside light is low. Cost about $15 and 30 minutes of labor...lol. Ordered the LEDs and bases off Amazon.

3. Member
    Yep you can do it on the cheap with that style gauge and it makes a big difference.

4. Member
    That pretty neat. Can I do this to my 08 210? My boat is blue flake. Should I get a colored bulb ? I've been waiting on a repower since October and have done everything I can think of. Need something else to do
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    That pretty neat. Can I do this to my 08 210? My boat is blue flake. Should I get a colored bulb ? I've been waiting on a repower since October and have done everything I can think of. Need something else to do
    I would if it was me. Access is pretty easy with a decent pair of small needle nose pliers and a work light. The mod is cheap and looks pretty cool in low light. Blue ones are same price as red. Just pull the PC161 bulbs out (actually a quarter turn to the left, then pull straight out) and use the new LED "bulbs" and bases. The new ones come separately. If they don't work, pull them back and and rotate 180 degrees, then they'll work. LEDs are "polarized" since they're actually a diode.

6. Member
    OK thanks. I guess I can pull a couple out and then see if I can locate some.
    GETFISHED !!!