Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Another child hit with a foul ball at an MLB game

I cant think of a reason why MLB wont add protection for the fans sitting close to the field. A child was hurt last month and now another this month. Each year this seems to happen several times. Last year a woman died at Dodgers Stadium after being hit.

Even for those fans watching the game closely you cant expect them to be able to react in time, everytime, a ball at 100 mph heads into the stands.

What is the hold up?

2. Member
    Money. The owners of these stadiums to want to fork out the extra dollars to make a game safer.

3. Member
    They are probably worried about the fan experience. Watching a game through netting sucks and because of that I don't buy seats behind netting. I always look for seats just far enough down the baseline that I have an unobstructed view of the whole field.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

4. Banned
    If you are gonna sit on the baseline, its to watch the game, so pay attention. Too many folks want the fancy seats so they can take selfies and post online. If you take a kid down there you need to pay attention anytime someone is at bat.

Netting is needed, the fans will adapt. Hockey finally did it from the corner around, people did not like it, but they adpted. Some youth hockey rinks it goes all the way around.

I think there is fault on both sides. Fans want an unobstructed view when sitting on the baselines and don’t consider the consequences of putting young children in harms way. I also think the owners would lose some ticket sales on those seats for that reason so they don’t do it. I do agree MLB should have done this already. Lots of parents out there who don’t consider this so just put the dam nets up. No reason for anybody to die at a baseball game.

7. Banned
    If you are going to sit where balls are gonna be flying, bring your glove and pay attention. Didnt people actually want those seats to possibly catch a ball at a game? When did things change? Oh, stupidity has gotten worse, thats right...

Tens of thousands of baseball games without a single issue but a few people get hit and now we need "protection". Yesterday I read on another thread that BASS needs to allow nets in the Elites for angler safety.

9. Member
    I wish they would put nets all the way down the sides. Foul balls can be a straight line drive and come fast. I'm always extremely nervous watching games if I'm beyond the net when I'm with my 4 year old, heck even a little bit without her!

Leave the outfield without a net because if a ball makes it there, it's coming in high and can be tracked and caught a lot easier.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

If you don't like foul balls beaming at your face get the cheap seats or watch it from your TV in the safety of your own home. Chances are while at home watching a game you'll be eating a game snack that you have a better chance of choking on than getting hit with a ball at a park.

This is why:

My client is suffering from the debilitating effects of being hit by a baseball. (Insert Team name) issued tickets to my client, knowing that the there is likelyhood of a ball exiting the playing field at a high rate of speed. (team) could have prevented this accident by simple measures.....

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    This is why:

My client is suffering from the debilitating effects of being hit by a baseball. (Insert Team name) issued tickets to my client, knowing that the there is likelyhood of a ball exiting the playing field at a high rate of speed. (team) could have prevented this accident by simple measures.....
    Your client didnt read the back of the ticket. Perhaps they should sue the elementary school....

Take some self responsibility. If you're going to sit on the foul line, expect foul balls!
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Your client didnt read the back of the ticket. Perhaps they should sue the elementary school....
    That ticket language isn't worth the paper it written on........

15. Banned
    and thats whats wrong with this country

16. Banned
    That's not what I heard when it come to tournament bass fishing... Dan

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    That's not what I heard when it come to tournament bass fishing... Dan
    did the guys family that died on okochobee last year sue flw? I tried to google it and nothing came up

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    and thats whats wrong with this country
    I knew that was coming!

The point in court will be that it is preventable, knowingly presenting a venue where there is a likelyhood of an object traveling at 100mph, without effective measures, you are going to be liable.

It's the world we live in......

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub176 View Post
    Money. The owners of these stadiums to want to fork out the extra dollars to make a game safer.
    Guarantee that "money" is not the reason

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Tens of thousands of baseball games without a single issue but a few people get hit and now we need "protection". Yesterday I read on another thread that BASS needs to allow nets in the Elites for angler safety.
    This.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast