Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Exclamation well another 1st after 30 yrs of bass fishing...LMAO

fishing a tourney on sat real windy WNW at about 15 to 20+ with higher gust going across a rocky area broadside when the wind pushed the boat into a rock under water and I went out the side in a heartbeat. Lifejacket inflated and and I popped up right at the back of the boat but fell into a rock field and got busted up a little but thank God I didn't hit my head. Partner got me back in the boat and then realized 4 of my rods are gone, found 3 of them, one was snapped about a foot down from the tip and one is still missing and also my iPhone didn't survive the swim. Fishing sucked also caught 3 small ones maybe 5lbs for the total but at least I'm here to talk about it and of course now I get the ribbing for the next couple tourneys. And best of all my wife tells me I can't go fishing alone anymore....lol I love fishing alone
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Lived to fish many more days. all that really counts. glad you are OK

3. Member
    Dang! I'm glad your ok. Stuff happens quick sometimes. Getting older is not all it's cracked up to be. LOL Boats and tackle can be replaced but, old body parts are hard to come by.

4. Member
    Glad your ok ,Al! Stuff happens REAL FAST in windy conditions...and the older we get, the faster it happens ( maybe our reactions are slower?). Been thinking about wearing my inflatable when I fish alone...sucks in the heat, but so does getting hurt or dying.
    BOB GASKINS TARPON SPRINGS,FL
    07 TR186 150 OPTI

5. Member
    at 65 i always put mine on,i dont think much about it anymore, i never notice it on anymore when its on

Glad you are here to tell the story. It sucks to become a clumsy old fart, ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob20 View Post
    Glad your ok ,Al! Stuff happens REAL FAST in windy conditions...and the older we get, the faster it happens ( maybe our reactions are slower?). Been thinking about wearing my inflatable when I fish alone...sucks in the heat, but so does getting hurt or dying.
    Things do happen fast. Glad you're ok.

Your day went as well as mine Saturday. Lost lots of big ones on a frog. Rip em clean out of the water and then they'd spit it. Then my alarm goes off on my motor 20 miles from the ramp. Not pissing. Not overheating but not pissing. Finally make it back get it loaded up and back at the motel. Tear it apart and found the screen plugged up with snails shells and weeds. Go to supper. Come back and check the charger. Dead. It short circuited. Pull out my two back-ups . Had to set alarm for the middle of the night to go out and switch the charger for the 3rd battery. Sunday went much better and I won the tournament. Everything could have been worse but it's much more enjoyable when things are going right.

9. Member
    Glad you were wearing your PFD.

10. Member
    Glad you’re ok! I’ve been blown into a bunch of rocks one time when my big motor wouldn’t crank and the TM was t strong enough to keep us off. It sucked knowing the bottom of my then new boat was banged up front to back. I think it was maybe two weeks old at the time? Insurance covered the repairs and I recovered the freeezing waters.

Glad you’re ok.

Glad your survived your ordeal, yes it's nice to fish alone sometimes. If your wife isn't an early riser tell her then that she has to come along every morning for five days in a row. bet by the sixth day she will let you go out alone.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

13. Member
    Glad you are ok.
    Unpredictable things definitely happen on fishing trip sometimes.

Twitch good to hear you are ok! And good you had the pfd on.

15. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    My inflatable goes on the minute I step into the boat don't even know it's on anymore and the 2 times I've needed it, it has worked flawlessly thank the Lord

Glad your ok Al, fishing Rocktuppa sat

2009 ELITE 210

Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    Glad your ok Al, fishing Rocktuppa sat
    Was thinking Twitch was on Rocktuppa, because it's all sand on this side of the bridge!

18. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Yeah Rocktuppa at it's best in the wind.....lol

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Glad you’re ok!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Member
    Good thing you had your PFD on. I have gone overboard too damn many times lately, last time in March, cold ass water, had mine on, pulled the handle just to see if it worked (it did).
    Last tournament I was fishing a dock, trying to skip a bait under it, and the wind blew me in too close. I hit the T/M and backed up, but didn't look where the boat was going, it hit a piling and stopped suddenly. That threw me off balance toward the back and I kicked two rods/reels overboard. I managed to grab one just as it sank, but not the other one. I went back toward the end of the tournament, the tide had dropped and I snagged it second try.
    Other than breaking the tip off another one trying to unsnag a crankbait (dumshit play on my part) at least I didn't fall overboard, this time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast