Blast of vid, Got to pass a XB21/300XS

I took the long way thinking i should hug the south shore fearing there might be a bit of chop on the main lake (was a south/west wind) The ally took the straight run, got way out ahead of me. Took a LONG time to catch up and pass him, I actually should of been turning to my spot earlier but kept on going straight because i wanted to get to pass him. We been talking about who's boat faster for YEARS, but i normally dont fish bass tournaments so we never got to meet up.

I passed him then slowed down and cut behind him, I thought forsure i was far enough ahead to get in on gopro, guess i was wrong.

2. Member
    Wander what prop he was running.

Hard to beat a well setup Alli..... I feel for your partner though! There’s only 4 people in this world I know personally that I’d sit shotgun at those speeds......sadly 1 isn’t with us anymore.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Wander what prop he was running.
    His running a promax, I was running a Performer ET 4.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Congrats, I think, on passing a 1450lb 21' boat

Whats his setup? I find very few are actually setup for max effort. Bring'er down to Kentucky, I know where a very well setup XB21/300 lives

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post

Whats his setup? I find very few are actually setup for max effort. Bring'er down to Kentucky, I know where a very well setup XB21/300 lives

Your a sport Tim calling someone out then say come down here that sounds like Internet balls why don't you go up there?
    Just messing with you
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Your a sport Tim calling someone out then say come down here that sounds like Internet balls why don't you go up there?
    Just messing with you
    I just call it like I see it, but you know that AV

We saw the OP cross a wake but it could have been a Ranger wake? The OP's 20/300 rolls out very well though.

FYI...no disrespect meant.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 06-25-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

8. Member

His running one of my worked 29 Promax. It would run 97 on my rig 2 guys tournament load. I didn't post to compare boats, just found it cool that i got to pass a ally. Not many fast boats around here, All we got is a poorly setup stroker 300x, ally XB2003/250xs And some 20XD with 250s. That ally been destroying everybody for years.

Your boat might beat mine.

We got another tournament in a month from now where we will meet up again, won't make the same mistake again. Will have a gopro pointing backwards and forward.

Take me thirty minutes to calm down and fish after some thing like that.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKER2702 View Post
    Take me thirty minutes to calm down and fish after some thing like that.
    Me it’s prior to the blast off. When I get super nervous I gag. This one made me nervous because of the ally and I hadn’t fished a bass tournament in10 years. I use to get so nervous prior to tournaments I’d puke. That or if I think I got the winning bag I’ll start gagging lol.

11. Banned
    Tie the trolling motor and handle up, have the partner lay on the floor and it's all over... Dan

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    His running one of my worked 29 Promax. It would run 97 on my rig 2 guys tournament load. I didn't post to compare boats, just found it cool that i got to pass a ally. Not many fast boats around here, All we got is a poorly setup stroker 300x, ally XB2003/250xs And some 20XD with 250s. That ally been destroying everybody for years.

Your boat might beat mine.

We got another tournament in a month from now where we will meet up again, won't make the same mistake again. Will have a gopro pointing backwards and forward.
    When I had a 300xs w/ 1.62 sporty, I had a labbed 29 Promax....it was my least favorite prop, the very best I ever saw out of it was 94 with 2 people with stock 300xs. Never ran it solo. I typically fished in the summer with a heavily worked 27 Hydro X-O/B at 95-96 @ 6400 loaded with 2, full fuel, and full livewell. I could fish solo at 99.x with full fuel and a 30 X-O/B.

10" setback was key and allowed me to run 1" above with the 300xs.

The XB-21 will never run with a properly setup and driven 20/300xs until the wind blows.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

13. Member
    When I had a 300xs w/ 1.62 sporty, I had a labbed 29 Promax....it was my least favorite prop, the very best I ever saw out of it was 94 with 2 people with stock 300xs. Never ran it solo. I typically fished in the summer with a heavily worked 27 Hydro X-O/B at 95-96 @ 6400 loaded with 2, full fuel, and full livewell. I could fish solo at 99.x with full fuel and a 30 X-O/B.

10" setback was key and allowed me to run 1" above with the 300xs.

The XB-21 will never run with a properly setup and driven 20/300xs until the wind blows.
    I never tried a labbed promax, but i did try a labbed pro ET and i hated it. It had way to much stern lift.

When i run a really heavy load with 2 guys ill run 98-99, when i got a light load with 2 guys the most i ever ran was 102. But i don't really push the envalope to try and get the most i can get, i'm way faster then the 2nd fastest boat so i normally play it pretty safe.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    I am not a fan of the labbed props either. My xb21/300xs seemed to hit a wall at 99, it didnt matter what I did it wouldnt push past it.

My 2019 demo XB21/300R has already hauled 2 people and full fuel to the century mark riding the limiter. Its time to see what my 2020 will do if I get time to rig it out.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

15. Member
    I am not a fan of the labbed props either. My xb21/300xs seemed to hit a wall at 99, it didnt matter what I did it wouldnt push past it.

My 2019 demo XB21/300R has already hauled 2 people and full fuel to the century mark riding the limiter. Its time to see what my 2020 will do if I get time to rig it out.
    would you say the new 300R is faster then a 300xs with all the goodies ?

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperflow View Post
    would you say the new 300R is faster then a 300xs with all the goodies ?
    Yep! Right out of the gate I hauled 2 people faster than I could solo...and it was banging the limiter.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

17. Member
    Yep! Right out of the gate I hauled 2 people faster than I could solo...and it was banging the limiter.
    What has been your best prop so far? I have a 33 Bravo fs and hate it.