Pick your top 2 lakes in new Hampshire

As the title suggests, I'd like to hear what your top 2 lakes are in new Hampshire. Here's the criteria:

1) size and/or numbers of BOTH largemouth AND smallmouth
    2) manageable amount of boat traffic during summer months
    3) beauty/landscape/water quality
    4) variety of techniques
    (flipping/frogging/drop shot/dragging tubes/crankbait/etc

My reason for this question?? My mother and father are looking to retire in the great state of new hampshire on a lake that contains good fishing, good scenery, and is not as inundated with boat traffic as winni. A nice town with restaurants somewhat close by would also be a bonus. It would be a place for us kids (me and my four siblings and all of our children) to come together in the future..... willing to go as far north as squam lake as the family would be coming from long island, ny

Thank you everybody, would love to hear your input

2. Member
    So I'll bite on this one. Alot depends on what you are willing to spend. If you have money burning a hole in your wallet then the lakes region aka squam, winnisquam, etc will do fine. But those are always busy because they are top notch. If you go west you will find nice lakes full of fish but you are more in the sticks. My camp is on a lake in western nh, full of fish and relatively quiet but commodities are rather few and far between. And yes winters are brutal. But prices are much less than around the lakes region.
    My ideal location would be somewhere around meredith. Maybe on a smaller pond but close enough to the larger lakes that travel would be easy but you still have more of the extra curricular activities close by.

I would love a house right on Squam. Fishing is great.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

I would look down around Wakefield. Several lakes and ponds there, plus tons right across the line in ME. Still hit Winni, Ossipee, etc., easily.

5. Member
    Given all of the criteria, I'd say Squam Lake. It does get a decent amount of boat traffic, but nothing like Winni. It's manageable. I think the massive amount of rock piles everywhere keeps a lot of people off of that place. The fishing is incredible for both smallies and largies, and you can fish all kinds of techniques. Maybe not a ton of options right there for food, but you're close enough to places that have lots of options.

6. Member
    Looked at a house on Milton 3 ponds years ago,would look in that area.
    Red Sox in 6!

7. Member
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated

8. Member
    I would avoid places like Pawtuckaway just because it’s so busy but it right off the highway so travel to Boston or Portland is fairly easy.
    Red Sox in 6!

9. Member
    I like Wentworth. Good fishing and a small number of boats on it.

10. Member
    Wentworth is a nice area as well